New here

iVillage Member
New here
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 6:39pm

Well, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd say hello.

I'm 43 (if all goes well, will be 44 when I deliver) and will be 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I'm still nursing our youngest who is 21 months old. I was just two weeks shy of 42 when he was born.

I've had two second trimester losses, and two late first trimester m/c.

So I'm nervous, excited, worried, and

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 8:26pm
Hello, Katherine. Welcome and congratulations! I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself. I'm Joan, am 42, and am pregnant with #3. We have two young girls, a five year old and a two year old; this baby is a boy who is due mid-May. I was nursing our two year old until the week before this past Christmas when my breasts (nipples) became so sensitive and sore due to the pregnancy that I decided it was time to wean her. I was hoping to make it to at least 2 1/2 years with her, but two years (almost) was the best I could do. I wish you the best with your pregnancy and with the continued nursing of your son. I'm sorry to hear about your losses and am sending you lots of sticky baby vibes with hopes that this will be a happy and healthy pregnancy for you. Please keep us posted on your journey. I look forward to getting to know you better. Congrats again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 9:01pm
Congratulations Katherine.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 8:53am

Hi Katherine,

Congratulations! We are all so very excited for you!!!

Wishing you all the best with this pregnancy; I pray that things go well. I was sorry to learn of your other losses.

We are all here for you and look forward to getting to know you better.

Take care,
Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 7:34pm

Welcome, and congratulations ... I hope all goes well for you and your baby.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 9:00pm

Katherine,

Welcome and congrats!!! I'm 42 (43 by dd), single, and expecting my first child, and I'm all the things you are- scared, worried, excited, and happy. But despite this ball of emotions, I'm at peace with my decision to try to have this baby, even

Photobucket