Just Saying Hello

iVillage Member
Just Saying Hello
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 11:20am

Just wanted to pop in and say hello!

I had a busy, but fun "girls weekend" and I feel like I'm still recovering...ha! (Today is Thursday!!!)

My best friend since childhood (we met when we were 8 years old!!!) came by train to visit me; although, if you ask my children they think she came to visit them! LOL

We ate authentic Mexican food, visited the Nelson Atkins Art Gallery (just the 2 of us!!!), shopped on the Plaza (outdoor shopping area) in another midwestern snowstorm ;) and lounged around the rest of the weekend. Oh, and she brought me an "alcohol-free" bottle of Chardonney. I've never seen such a wine, but it was delicious!!!

It was a bittersweet visit though. My girlfriend miscarried the last week of October after a 3rd attempt at IVF (it was their first IVF where they made it to transfer of an embryo). :( I knew it would be difficult for her to see me pregnant. After all my years of struggling with infertility and multiple losses, I never thought I would find myself sitting on the other side of the table (being the one pregnant).

She called last night to thank me and said she was worried that we didn't talk about the baby enough...I laughed b/c I had told my husband that I was worried that I didn't avoid talking about the baby enough! SHEESH!!! Women!!! LOL

Anyway, saw a couple of losses posted and while I expressed my condolences to those ladies, I also wanted to say that I hope everyone else is doing well.

Everything seems to be going fine on my end. 17 Weeks according to the perinatologist today...only 1 day off from my ticker! Still having a few rough days here and there with morning sickness, but other than that no complications.

Take care,
Valerie

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 6:45pm
Hi Valerie. Thanks so much for the update. I love to hear what everyone's up to -- especially when it involves a fun weekend like the one you had. I'm jealous! : ) I'm glad to hear you're feeling pretty well aside from the occasional bout of MS. With my first two daughters, the MS went away by about 13 weeks. With this one, I still suffer from it a few times each day (without ever actually getting sick though). I'm glad you're progressing along well. Keep the updates coming! Take care.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 8:58pm
Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend.

Carol, mom to 7