Surprised / Blessed with #3 at 42!

iVillage Member
Surprised / Blessed with #3 at 42!
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 8:51pm

I just found out we're expecting #3 Oct 26th!

~Kathy

Brett 8/4/97

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 8:56pm

Kathy,

Congratulations!

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 9:03pm

Hi Carol,

Thx for showing me this is very doable in your 40's...

~Kathy

Brett 8/4/97

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 10:50pm
Hello, Kathy and welcome! Congratulations on your surprise! How exciting. I'm Joan, and 42, and am pregnant with #3. We have two girls, a five year old and a two year old; this baby is a boy (still nameless.......) who is due in mid-May. I'm so glad you found this board. The ladies here are awesome. I think you'll find tons of advice, support, thoughts, perspective, etc.. Welcome and congratulations again. Please keep us posted on your journey. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 8:48am

Kathy,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am over the moon excited for you and we don't even know each other!!!

Sometimes, I just feel a kindred spirit to those that experience infertility.

I too am expecting #3 (due in August) and s/he is our 2nd bonus baby. We conceived our first-born (Mary Catherine, age 5) thru IVF/ICSI (we have male-factor infertility) and our second (Benjamin, age 3) on our own...total miracle baby...no intervention necessary. (There is just something so peaceful about creating a baby in your bedroom versus the laboratory...LOL). Apparently, we've created the magic one more time...at age 40 with Baby #3.

We were told before our IVF/ICSI that we had a less than 1% chance of conceiving on our own and to consider using donor sperm. HA!!! I've showed them twice over!

Anyway, I can't wait to follow your story and keep in touch. Like I said, I am just so, so, so, very excited for you and your family. Sounds as if your hormone levels are doing good and that all is going well!

Take care,
Valerie

P.S. Sort of like you, I hit 40 and decided that we were done. I had a miscarriage a year ago and didn't get pregnant again (until EXACTLY one year later...how weird is that?) and had actually brought up tubs and tubs of baby clothes to prepare for garage sale/good will. I was also going to consign the double stroller, bassinette, etc., but couldn't stop crying the entire time I was in the basement. Little did I know I was ALREADY pregnant! HA!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 12:09am

WOW Kathy, my story is very close to the same as yours! I am pg with my 3rd at 42, I just found out today with a PPT

Me and girls xmas 09
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 8:53am

What an AWESOME blessing. I'm 43, and I have two 12 year old sons (and 3 daughters) who are so very excited to be seeing a new baby in the autumn.

This is going to be really fun for your older children to have an eventual toddler who runs and hugs them when they come home from school or when they rejoin each other each evening.

That's one of the things my boys say is their favorite about their sister Emma.. that she runs and hugs them and says "I missed you!" at the end of the day.

What a delightful surprise, and so fortuitously timed. I suspect you had a little soul in heaven who REALLY wanted to join your family and not be left behind.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

pregnancy

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 7:39pm

KelliSue,

Thanks for giving me an idea of how things may be different this time having older siblings.

~Kathy

Brett 8/4/97