iVillage Member
Wow!
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 12:27am

That is all I can manage right now.

Me and girls xmas 09
iVillage Member
In reply to: imabeeleever
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 3:05am
Hello, LaRae. Welcome and congratulations! I'm so thrilled that your so excited over this pregnancy! How wonderful. I'm Joan, am 42, and am also pregnant with #3. We have two girls, a five year old and a two year old. We tried for a few months last year to have another baby, then decided (largely due to my OB's advice that we should quit while we were ahead) that it was best for us to be content with the two healthy girls we already have. Then a few months later, just 3 weeks before I was scheduled to get the Mirena inserted, I wound up pregnant. Once we decided to stop trying, we gave away ALL our baby stuff; cradle, clothes, gadgets, equipment, etc.. So we're essentially starting over again even though our youngest is only two. And we also found out this baby is a boy so none of our clothes would've worked anyway, LOL! This board is awesome. I'm glad you found it and am sure you'll find lots of support, camaraderie, advice, and insight from women 40 and older who are also pregnant (or have been). Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy. I hope you'll keep us posted on your journey. Congrats again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 1:44pm

Yeah, LaRae!

I am so very excited for you!!!

Congrats and best wishes with everything in the days ahead. I have a similar story to Joan and you. I struggled with infertility and loss for years and ended up doing in vitro to conceive our oldest. A bonus baby followed. Now, we are expecting our 3rd and it is another bonus!!! Miracles do happen. Last year, after a miscarriage, my husband wanted to throw in the towel and call it quits via a vasectomy, but I just wasn't ready to go there! I gave myself one more year and almost to the day conceived again at the age of 40. My EDD is 3 weeks shy of my 41st birthday. (Although, now I really am ready to call it quits! LOL)

Similar to Joan, I decided last fall, as we were coming upon the one year anniversary of our miscarriage that it was indeed time to part with the baby things and donate to charity. Fortunately for me, Catholic Charities never returned my email with regard to donation of the bassinette, baby clothing (I have one boy and 1 girl so I'm ready for either!), high chair, double stroller, etc. I guess God intervened on my behalf! Sometimes when we think we are done, we really aren't!

Again, congrats and wishing you lots of sticky vibes,

Valerie
Mary Catherine, Age 5
Benjamin, Age 3

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 6:53pm

Hi LaRae,

Congrats!

~Kathy

Brett 8/4/97

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 8:55pm

LaRae,

Welcome! That was my reaction too when I realized I was pregnant. I'm 42, single,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:10pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, I am sitting here with goosebumps it makes me feel so good. :) Sounds like I am going to have an awesome support group here, so many similarities, this is the only place I will find it, there is no one going through this in my social/family circle so you will all be priceless to have in my life.

Me and girls xmas 09