How Many Potty Breaks...LOL

iVillage Member
How Many Potty Breaks...LOL
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 2:54pm

I'm off to St. Louis for the weekend. It's a 4-hour trip from Kansas City...how many times do you think I'll need to stop and go to the bathroom...I'll also have a 5 and 3 year old along for the trip?

Unfortunately, the daddy is on business in Las Vegas (rough, huh?) so I'm roadtripping it alone with the little ones. I hate that b/c if I do just need a quick bathroom stop, I've got to get the little ones unbuckled and out of carseats. Ugh!

Big birthday weekend for my 2-year old nephew, Eli. He is our congenital heart defect survivor and has done miraculously well since his open heart surgery last Labor Day weekend. So it truly is a celebration of life party!

Wishing everyone a happy Friday and a great weekend,

Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 10:21pm
Have a safe trip.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 11:35pm
Hi Valerie. Not sure if you already left, but if not, have a safe and fantastic trip! Good for you for being such a trooper to see your little nephew to celebrate life with him and your extended family. I give you a lot of credit for making the trip with two little ones! Yes, it's a LOT of work to lug two little ones to and from the car -- let alone try to keep track of them while you're peeing, etc.. I know how challenging that can be. You have a GREAT attitude so I'm sure you'll be fine. There's nothing you can do about having to pee all the time so just do what ya gotta do and make the best out of it. Be safe and have a good time. I hope you'll tell us all about your road trip when you return. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 7:28am
I'm going to guess at least three times, one way. Took a four-hour trip without kids the other day and had to stop that many times,
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 5:31pm

Oh, I feel your pain with the buckling and unbuckling of those car seats ... Certainly sounds like you were in for a wonderful weekend once you arrived at your destination - hope it didn't take too much extra time.

This weekend I schlepped my six year old into four different bathrooms while we were