Ok... I'm still 40...

iVillage Member
Ok... I'm still 40...
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 1:52pm

Does that count as 'after 40' so I can come play here?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 1:08am

Hello Kristy, and welcome. Congratulations on #5. How exciting. Our oldest daughter, who is five, is not too happy about the upcoming arrival of her new baby brother (due in May). We also have a two year old girl but she doesn't quite seem to grasp the concept of another baby/person coming to join our household. She's pretty easy going so I think she'll be fine with it, but I know our five year old will struggle with it for the first year + just as she did with the arrival of her little sister. As much as it breaks my heart that she's so upset about our having another baby, I know that as years go by, she'll become close with and learn to love her siblings -- I see it happening now with her little sister. : )

It's great that you're happy with your doc's perspective on/approach to AMA women. I personally think each woman's relationship with her doc/MW play as crucial role in her prenatal care -- emotionally as well as physically. I hope you can continue a great relationship with your doc.

I hope you're feeling well and aren't too exhausted yet as a result of caring for four children while enduring the early days of pregnancy. I hope you'll keep us updated on how you're feeling, etc.. Congrats again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 2:06pm

Hi Kristy..

I wanted to come back and pay a visit here..it's been a few years since I was here last.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 5:00pm

Kristy,

Of course, you're welcome here.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 7:56pm

Hi Kristy, welcome and congrats on #5!

I'm Linda, 41, and pregnant with #4 (and last!)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 10:05am

Welcome Christy.

My eldest turns 13 in July, I have another 12 year old (from Feb.), 8&9 year old girls, and a nursing 3 year old.

You'll enjoy your stay here.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 9:14am

Well... the 'official' due date from my estimate is November 5th... but that is from a very estimated LMP.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 4:27pm

Hi Kristy!

Congratulations! How very exciting for your family to be adding one more.

I'm tickled to read that you have a "Mary" as I do. Our Mary Catherine (goes by Mary) will be 6 in August. It's just not a name that you hear very often, but I love the gentle femininity of the name. It was a family name for us, but regardless I always thought it was beautiful!

My sister in law (40) had my niece Megan 2 years ago when her oldest, Ashley, was 13. so now Ashley is 15 and Megan, 2. They have a lovely sister relationship, but I will say that Megan is actually closer to my nephew, Collin, who is 10. I think since Collin was only 8 when she was born, he's "played" more often with her which is totally "uncool" when you're a teenager! Ha ha!

Like I said, the 3 siblings all love each other and get along well...I think it was probably more difficult for Ashley than Collin b/c she had the 12-teen/13 thing going on...very moody, hormonal, etc. She was "grossed" out that her parents were "doing it" ha! and wondered why her parents had "waited so long". Megan is a "bonus baby"!

I am only 40 1/2 so one of the younger ones on this thread, but all are welcome regardless of the "magic" number! LOL

My kiddos are ages 5 and 3. Mary and Baby #3 have the same birth date/due date. She's really hoping for a sister.

Take care and again, Congratulations!

Valerie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2010 - 6:58pm

Congratulations on your newest baby!

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 8:32am

Dear Kristy, I completely understand how excited you are, and also that you are just a little ambivalent about the upcoming changes in your household. So first of all I'll add my congratulations to the others you've received! And I applaud your courage in going through this again!....

I doubt if the experience will be "perfect in every way," because nothing in life ever is...

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 10:57am

Well... we have a Connor William, Mary Elizabeth, Devon Edward