I know I haven't posted a great deal

iVillage Member
I know I haven't posted a great deal
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 8:28am

I had made a conscious decision to not spend my first trimester obsessing over prenatal testing ect. and to just try and enjoy the pregnancy.

I don't know if it was intuition or what,

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 10:58am

I'm so sorry to read of your news. Keep thinking positively -- we have women here who are years older than 44 and are pregnant and it seems like you can still easily conceive, so I'll keep hoping to see you back here again soon. Have you talked with your doc about possibly taking supplements in early pregnancy? I don't know much about them but I do know some women take progesterone (there may be another one, too -- baby aspirin perhaps?) to help increase the chance of carrying their babies. I don't know how one is tested for it or how its determined one needs these supplements, but it may be worth asking about. I'm not trying to suggest you should take them, it was just a thought I had based on what I've read from other women.

I hope you heal from this as quickly as is possible. It's a terrible loss to suffer through. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope to see you posting here again in the future. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 11:35am

So sorry to read your latest message and sending my thoughts and prayers your way to you and your loved ones.

As Joan mentioned, since you have had multiple losses (both 1st trimester and 2nd) have you had the various testing done to check for hormone levels, clotting disorders, etc.?

I would never presume that you haven't already done those things!

My girlfriend, YEARS younger than us kept having repeated miscarriages, in between "healthy" pregnancies, and finally the correct diagnosis (besides..."bad luck") was finally determined. She has Leiden Factor V disorder as well as MFTHR (I think that's the acronym); two fairly common clotting disorders that result in both early and late-term miscarriages.

Again, wishing you all the best,
Valerie