add another +40 to the list

iVillage Member
add another +40 to the list
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 9:13am

Hi all!!
I found out my little surprise last week and have been reading a lot of post here on pregnant after 40 and thought I would join in also.

My story

I have 3 girls 15, 7 and 6. My SO always wanted a boy so I figured we could try for one more after dd number 3 was born after 3 years of it not happening we decided to move on and be happy.
well last week I took the test and to my shock it was positive. hehe.
now SO is walking around like a rooster (pretty funny to watch). anyways I'm 44 and will be 45 when baby is born in November (i think). One thing I find also funny is peoples reaction when I tell them. first they laugh and then say congratulations. This doesn't bother me because it was my reaction too.

best wishes to all
Anne

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 10:06am

Hello, Anne, and welcome! Congratulations on being pregnant with #4! How exciting to have it happen after 3 years! You seem to have a great attitude about people's reactions -- good for you! I've actually had mostly positive reactions except from the two people who's opinions matter to me the most -- my Mom and G'Mom. They've both come around and are now excited and happy about it, so I'm thankful for that.

I hope you're feeling well and aren't too tired yet. I'm so glad you found this board and am hoping you'll share your journey with us. I look forward to getting to know you better. Best wishes to you and congrats again.

(BTW, I'm Joan, am 42, and am pregnant with #3 who's a boy due in May. We have two girls, a five year old and a two year old. My hubby and I have are names for the boy narrowed down to two but neither of us are willing to budge one bit so so far, this little guy is still nameless, LOL)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 12:58pm

Anne,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. It is great to see your lighthearted acceptance of the reactions to your news. I'm 42, expecting my first child (got pregnant with no medical intervention), will be 43 by my due date, and, oh, I'm single. For me, it's not people who react with humor who get to me but those who react with negativity. However, I've felt strongly from the beginning the time is right for me to become a mother, so I have no regrets about my decision. I'm expecting a boy and everything looks fine with the LO so far.

Sounds like you'll be a great addition around here. Keep us posted.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 7:48pm
congratulations!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 3:38am
This is a great story, so positive and upbeat! I'm thrilled for you. Congratulations!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 7:28pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Anne