My intro too...

iVillage Member
My intro too...
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 1:29pm

Hi there everyone!

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
In reply to: robbyre
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 1:41pm

Robynne:

Welcome.

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 8:14pm

Welcome. Glad you decided to end your lurking an introduce yourself. You've got quite a crew there! I'm 42 (43 by my due date) and expecting my first. I've had no major complications so far (aside from some of the usual pregnancy annoyances women experience at any age) and I'm excited to finally experience motherhood. Ten years ago I thought I may never do this, but now it's happened and I feel I'm ready for it (as ready as anyone can be).

Yeah, it's taken a couple of years for it to sink in that I'm in my 40s now. No problem, though, I'm just gettin warmed up.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-05-2010 - 9:12pm

Hello, Robynne, and welcome! Congratulations on baby #6! How awesome that this one tied things up with 3 girls and 3 boys. I'm so glad to hear you say you don't feel old. I'm right there with you! Aside from gaining so much weight with this pregnancy (just as I did with each of our two daughters), I don't feel "old" at all. And I like to think I still look pretty "young", too -- whatever that means, LOL! Thanks so much for sharing so much about you and your family -- it's so nice to learn little things about our members, their experiences, and their families. I'm thrilled to hear this pregnancy is going so well for you -- you must be one of the lucky few, especially since it sounds like all your pregnancies were relatively easy for you. The same is definitely not the case for me!!! I tell my friends and family (or whomever asks "how are you feeling?" that I am the world's WORST pregnant person. Except for the little baby that results from it, there's not one thing I like about being pregnant. Not one, not even a little bit. This is definitely our last baby, too. There's just no way I can do this again. Ever.

BTW, I'm Joan, am 42, and am pregnant with #3 who's a boy and is due in mid-May. We have two girls, a five year old and a two year old so I'm still getting used to the idea of having a little guy to take care of. Girls just seem so much more familiar to me. But I'm excited to meet him nonetheless. The poor little guy is still nameless, too. DH and I are down to two names but neither of us are willing to budge one bit so I don't know where we go from here... I keep hoping he'll give in and let me have my name of choice but I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

Anyway, it's great to meet you. I hope you'll keep us posted on how you're feeling, your appointments, your experiences, etc.. Best wishes to you. I hope you continue to feel as well as you have been.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-06-2010 - 2:23am

Hi Robynne and congratulations to you! What a big beautiful family you have. How are your children feeling about the upcoming new sibling?

Take good care of yourself!

Molly

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-06-2010 - 11:18pm

Hi Robynne,

Congratulations on #6.

Carol, mom to 7