So tired still

iVillage Member
So tired still
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 2:07pm

OK - I am 13 weeks and thought my tiredness would be going away.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: flgirl2010
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 8:43pm
Hi Melissa. I'm sorry you're having a hard time lately. I, too, remained exhausted entering my second trimester. It was until I was in T2 for a few weeks that the fatigue started to dissipate. Hang in there, it will get better the further into T2 you get. I'll tell you to not feel guilty about the lack of things getting done around your house but if you're anything like me, it won't help. Just know that this WILL come to an end; it's only temporary. And the work will always be there so when you do start feeling better and have more energy, you'll get caught up. Remember, it won't happen over night, but it WILL happen. I think we all have different priorities for our families and household and for me, if my family is fed wholesome healthy meals and snacks, the dishes and kitchen are cleaned up after dinner, everyone has clean, folded clothes, and we're all bathed, I consider it a successful day. Anything above and beyond that is gravy, so to speak, and trust me, it's very rare that anything other than my basic priorities ever get done. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Lately, just keeping up with the dishes has become a challenge for me because I rarely sleep at night which leaves utterly exhausted during the day when I would otherwise tidy up, etc.. Such is life... Hang in there. You'll get through this hard time. Continue to lean on us and vent to us whenever you want to. Best wishes to you.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 1:04pm

Like Joan, I was well into my 2nd Trimester before I really began to feel like my energy was back. I think for me it was around 16 weeks...so hang in there!

Seems like this time around, I am generally more tired than I was with the past two pregnancies. I really couldn't say if it is due to my age or due to the fact that I have a 5 and 3 year old to chase after. This pregnancy I definitely have not been able to nap as much as I did in the past. You just can't leave a 5 year old to monitor a 3 year old...believe me, I've tried! LOL

Meal prep and laundry have also become my main priorities; this sometimes frustrates my husband, but oh well! Now that I have been feeling better I do find myself getting more "gravy" items accomplished, and I'm taking advantage of this time b/c I know in a month when I hit T3 it's gonna feel more like T1!

Take care of yourself the best you can,
Val

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 2:46pm

Tiredness is my biggest complaint right now, still, at 24 1/2 weeks.

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 1:31pm

Are you me? Just kidding!

I have been tired through my entire pregnancy. I think it's because I have to chase after an active 2 year old. My mom thinks it's because I'm 2 years older than when I was last pregnant. I need to nap every afternoon.

Needless to say, little gets done here after I watch our daughter fulltime and prepare for my piano students. My husband is left with alot of housework and I feel guilty but any activity, especially now during my 3rd trimester, is leaving me exhausted.

I do the best I can whenever I have the most energy and that's all I can provide right now. I think it's more important that we stay healthy. The housework will always be there. And believe me, we used to be neat freaks and very organized. Now we're lucky if we can find our keys and clothes in the morning.

Hang in there!
Gisele

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 3:43pm
Thanks for posting this. You certainly made me feel better, LOL! I thought I was the only one who lived in an unorganized, chaotic house lately. Thanks so much for letting me know I'm not the only one who is unable to keep us with everything and who also feels guilty about it. Funny, but I keep telling people (all women, of course) who completely understand and empathize with me that I wish my husband could experience pregnancy for just one or two days. Most of the time I feel like he just doesn't get it and thinks I'm using the pregnancy as an excuse to be lazy. Ugh. It may very well be my insecurity taking over but man, I wish I were able to do more around the house...
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 2:14pm
Thanks so much for everyone's response. So important to know that I am not alone. When I talk to other when who have been pregnant, they all say it is normal and to just take it easy. That however does not help the feelings of guilt that I am having. But at least I know I am not alone. Thanks for listening guys.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers