Pregnant at 43

iVillage Member
Pregnant at 43
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 9:57pm

Hi All,

Last Thursday I took 2 HPT and both were positive.

iVillage Member
In reply to: wardk66
Wed, 04-14-2010 - 11:15pm
Congratulations on your pg! I was on progesterone supplements at the beginning of my current pg because my levels were 10 and they wanted them higher. I took them for 13 weeks and now everything is fine. I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 2:18am
Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't really offer much info or advice about HCG or progesterone levels as I've never known what mine were at any point throughout any of my pregnancies. It sounds like your doc is watching out for by putting you on the suppositories. Sounds like you have the classic early pregnancy symptoms, too. I hope you continue to feel well. Please keep us posted on your progress, etc. Congrats again.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 9:21am

Sorry I can't offer any advice on Progesterone levels, but I wanted to welcome you to the board and send you lots of sticky baby vibes, and let you know that, in spite of an early scare, everything seems to be turning out okay with my pregnancy. At the hospital where they did my initial pregnancy test, a very early US (during wk 4) failed to clearly show anything in my uterus. As a result, a PA at the hospital told me the pregnancy might be ectopic, and I spent two weeks thinking it might not be viable. My hormone levels were checked at the beginning of week 6 and found to be increasing appropriately, and two days later another US clearly showed a sac in my uterus with a few little specs in it, and detected a heartbeat. Then the morning sickness really kicked in. At 13 wks 4 days an NT screen showed an unbelievably (at least to me) detailed view of my little one (10 fingers and all) with no signs of DS or deformity, and at 18 weeks 4 days the baby was seen to be a normally developing little boy. Now I'm just hanging on for the big day. I'm 42 and will be 43 by my due date, and all appears to be well, aside from some of the typical pregnancy annoyances (after the MS, it was heartburn, then a rash, and rapid weight gain since early March).

Congratulations and hope you'll be here to share your journey with us.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Edited 4/15/2010 9:25 am ET by karen2010
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 1:11pm

thank you everyone.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 2:52pm

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best.

I know my OBs office says anything over 10 is considered "okay", but that they prefer to see progesterone over 20. Sounds like your hCG levels are fantastic!!!

The only time I had a progesterone level problem (and it really wasn't a problem) was when we conceived our first born via IVF. B/c you take drugs to stimulate ovulation, the pituitary doesn't realize that you are pregnant and you must supplement with progesterone SHOTS (ugh!) until 12 weeks.

With my 2nd child (bonus baby!) and this 3rd baby (also a bonus) progesterone levels were really high/good!

Wishing you all the best...it is wonderful how they can provide progesterone supplements until the placenta takes over (10-12 weeks)!

Best wishes,
Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 10:16am

Congratulations on your pregnancy! No advice here as I am pregnant for the first time. Best wishes though, and I'll be looking for your appointment update.

Leah
edd 12/15/10

Edited 4/16/2010 11:10 am ET by sunnymama7
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 7:07pm

Congratulations! I am 44 and pg with #7. I was on 100mg of progesterone with my last baby and am again with this one. I don't remember my levels last time, but with this baby it was 14.5...still within "normal" but on the low end. My last pregnancy ended with a beautiful healthy baby boy and today I saw a healthy hb at my 7 wk u/s.

Good to have you join the board! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!