I am back... 42 and due in December!!

iVillage Member
I am back... 42 and due in December!!
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 9:30am

After 5 months of TTC after a MC in November, I am back. Hopefully this time to STAY! I am feeling symptoms full force and will be having a 7 week US in a few weeks.

When this LO is born, my ds will be 23, twins will be 11, and I will turn 43 in a month. I am thrilled!

Please send sticky vibes my way! I am really positive about this one. By this time last pg, my symptoms had all but gone away. We never saw a HB... so I am keeping a bright outlook until I am told otherwise.

I look forward to hanging around here for another 8 months or so. :o)

~April, Mom to son Jory, 22 and boy/girl twins, Alex and Haley, 10

kids 20101

Photobucket

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

~April, Mom to son Jory, 23 and boy/girl twins, Alex and Haley, 11

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 9:46am

April, welcome back and congratulations. I've been kicking around this board since sometime in January, and it has really been a great support for me, especially since where I live I haven't run into anyone else my age (42 and 43 by my due date) who's pregnant.

Definitely sending you lots of SBVs. Glad you have a good feeling about this one. Morning sickness is an unpleasant but good sign as far as pregnancy goes.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 10:56am

Thank you, Karen!! It is nice to meet someone in the same shoes too. :o)

I am a lucky one... not really MS. But mine is more like this all day, heartburny/gassy/off and on nauseated feeling. I never throw up with my pg... which is good I guess. :o) But I will feel like this for the next 9 months if it means a healthy baby! *wink*

kids 20101

PhotobucketDue In December Pictures, Images and Photosdue in december tree Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 2:57pm

Congratulations, April!

What a wonderful holiday gift...a baby in December.

I delivered my 2nd child, Benjamin, a few days before Thanksgiving and it was such a delight to have a new baby at the start of the holiday season.

Wishing and sending lots of positive thoughts your way,

Valerie

P.S. I saw your tickers and wanted to tell you how sorry I was on your losses. I noticed one was for an ectopic pregnancy...I experienced two of those...never easy to deal with. Blessings.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 6:41pm

Hello, April! Congratulations and welcome back! It's great that you have such a positive vibe about this pregnancy. I'm sure that means something... : ) The ladies here are awesome; I'm glad you found this place for support and camaraderie. Wow, with a due date of Dec 20, this really could be a TRUE christmas gift for you and your family. How exciting. Congrats again and best wishes to you. I hope you feel well throughout this pregnancy.

BTW, I'm Joan, am 42, and am due with #3 (due date is 5/16 so I'm getting close now...). We have two young girls, Lilah, our five year old and Eva, our two year old. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with a boy after knowing nothing but girl stuff for the last 5 1/2 years, lol, but I'm getting excited to meet him nonetheless. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 8:19am

HI Joan! Thanks for the warm welcome. :o)

ONG, you are soooo close! How exciting! Have you picked out a name, or are you keeping it a secret?

BTW, the name Lilah is one I would use in a heartbeat,but our last name begins with an L and it sounds awful! I so love it spelled with an h too... I wanted to use Delilah nn Lilah. Eva is pretty too!

I can't wait to come back here with positive updates!

kids 20101

PhotobucketDue In December Pictures, Images and Photosdue in december tree Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 9:41am

Hi April,

Congratulations and baby dust to you!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 10:03am

Good luck to you, Jas! I hope you get the HB you so desperately want. :o)

I have my first appt on Weds. We will do an U/S the following week, where I will be 7 weeks. There will be no question that we should see a heartbeat by then. I didn't want to do it early and have the *what if* of whether it might be early, etc. It will clearly tell us if this PG has a chance or not.

I hate this waiting game!

kids 20101

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 10:43am

Hi there,

We have a hb!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 11:05am

Oh sooo exciting, Jas! I don't expect to be on either Prog or HCG, but you never know. IN fact, that reminds me I need to call my OB office to find results of my Beta levels. I will post when I get them.

~April

kids 20101

Photobucket

Due in Decemberdue in december tree Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 11:15am

Great news on the hb! I did not have injections but found myself wiped out and with horrible nausea in the 1st trimester (and the morning sickness lasted a month into the 2nd). Hang in there... it's all been much better for me in the 2nd trimester. I'll let you know about the 3rd. Keep us posted.

Photobucket

Pages