iVillage Member
Introducing myself
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 6:21pm

Hi Ladies,

iVillage Member
In reply to: dabedo
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 8:27pm

Hi Daniela,

Congratulations on Baby #2! My name is Valerie and I am expecting Baby #3 in early August.

I too never expected to parent so "late" in life, but although married at age 24, my husband and I encountered male-factor infertility. I delivered our IVF/ICSI baby a few weeks before turning 35. Baby #2 was a total "bonus" and surprise...albeit a pleasant one! Baby #3 is also a "bonus" although not really a surprise. Once we were diagnosed as "subfertile" I never felt the need to go back on birth control! LOL

Wishing you great health and happiness form now until due date!

Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 9:01pm

Hello, Daniella, and welcome. Congratulations on being pregnant with baby #2. Many of us here arrived here in shock and surprise -- and many of us felt things about the pregnancy that ran the whole gamut of emotions so you're definitely not alone in that regard! The one good thing about pregnancy being a long, nine months is that it gives us time to adjust to and, in many cases, become excited about the idea of another child joining our lives and our households.

I was one of those women who "was never going to have children. Ever." Well, here I am at age 42 pregnant with #3, LOL! I can't say I was completely career-driven, although that's what I focused on most because that was the one thing I think best defined who I was, I just plain didn't want kids. I met my husband when I was 35 and I don't really know why, but suddenly I started to feel like I wanted to have a family with him. Of course when we laughed about it way back when, our plan was he would stay home with the kids and I would continue to work. It didn't quite work out that way -- I'm the SAH parent and he's the typical working Dad. But it's all good, just so very different from how I EVER envisioned my life! So, here we are almost seven years into our relationship and on baby #3. We have two young girls, Lilah, our five year old and Eva, our two year old. Baby #3, Joseph Anthony, is scheduled to arrive via induction this coming Tuesday unless he decides to come earlier on his own which my doc says has about a 45% chance of happening...

I'm glad you introduced yourself and I look forward to learning more about you and your pregnancy journey. I hope you're feeling well and I hope you'll continue to post here. I think you'll find the support and camaraderie here incredibly uplifting. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 10:25pm

Hi Daniela. Welcome and congratulations. A few years ago I thought it was likely I'd never become a mom. I was a bit careless, particularly given that the relationship I was in was shaky, but I don't regret what's happened, even though I'll likely be a single mom (certainly will be for a while, at least). I'm okay with that. I feel things are happening as they were meant to for me, and I never know what might unfold around the next corner, but this baby is a gift at this point in my life.

Sounds like things are unfolding in your life in a way you've come to terms with and have also come to see as a gift. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 2:07am

Welcome and Congrads.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 4:42am

Welcome and Congrats!

MaryBeth, Mom to Carolee (21), Spencer (18), Alex (8), and new little blessing EDD 11/9/2010!

new baby
MaryBeth, Mom to Carolee (21), Spencer (19), Alex (8), and new little blessing EDD 11/9/2010!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 9:13pm
congrats on your pg! I'm Carol, I'm 46 and expecting #7.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7