What Did You Do, Naturally?

iVillage Member
What Did You Do, Naturally?
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 11:52am

Hello...My name is Renee...I would like to try to conceive.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 12:13pm

I read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Then I charted temps etc. I also did acupuncture to increase cervical mucus. This all resulted in a pregnancy that unfortunately ended in MC in the spring of 2009. THIS time, I was not charting, but generally knew my cycles and used a O predictor test. No acupuncture until after I conceived, and then just to increase blood flow to uterus and get rid of MS. I hope this helps!

MaryBeth, Mom to Carolee (21), Spencer (19), Alex (8), and new little blessing EDD 11/9/2010!

new baby
MaryBeth, Mom to Carolee (21), Spencer (19), Alex (8), and new little blessing EDD 11/9/2010!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 1:25pm

Sorry I can't help you with this one. I didn't do/take any herbs or change my diet, or even track my temperature to try to figure out when I was ovulating. I just had sex without birth control at what ended up being the right time of the month and got pregnant. I'm sure there are others here who can advise you on such matters, I just wanted to wish you well in your efforts. Best of luck!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 9:12pm
I had no intervention. Just got blessed. Best to you in conceiving!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 6:47pm

Hello Renee,

I have no idea if this had anything to do with me getting pregnant but I had an analysis done of my spine and the chiropractor identified the worst section for me as being the one that affects your uterus and reproductive organs. He did this with no prompting from me about wanting to get pregnant.

Anyway, I went to him to have work on correcting my "out of alignment" spine and next thing you know (2 months) I was pregnant.

Could have had nothing to do with it - I really don't know.

Good luck.

Lisa

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 8:18pm

Lisa,
That is interesting, though. Had no idea having one's spine out of alignment could affect one's reproductive system. You learn something new every day around here.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 9:23pm

Like I said, I don't really know if there is anything to it but, after 4 miscarriages, I was probably looking for any possible answer.

You're right though. There are a lot of things I had never heard about until I read them on this board.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 4:10am

Hi Renee and welcome.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 12:26pm
I had many miscarriages when we were *trying* two years ago - we had written off the idea that we would have another child until we became pregnant again this past February (14 weeks now).
I was on a gluten free/dairy free restriction when I became pregnant, which makes me wonder if that had something to do with it - probably not, but I'll always wonder. I don't have sensitivities in this way, but I was definitely healthier through this restriction (I am not calling it a diet, because it wasn't about losing weight, although I did).
Best wishes to you!
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 10:58am

Hi Renee.

Sorry I can't help you out with this one...well maybe just a tad.

Anytime I actually "tried" to get pregnant (i.e. used o predicter kits, temped/charted, dieted, etc.) I never got pregnant.

Whenever I finally "gave up" (i.e. stopped thinking about it and just enjoyed my husband and family) I would get pregnant.

I think in addition to herbs/Eastern medicine, that there is a mind/body connection. When you tell an infertile person or even just someone trying to get pregnant to "just relax" they never seem to be able to, but when they either give up, adopt, conceived on their own and recently deliver, they often do end up pregnant. My RE (we did IVF when I was 35) even said that stress hormones can interfere with successful implantation of embryo transfer.

Doctors know that their is a mind-body connection and that cortisol (stress hormone) interferes with conception. So, I would also recommend yoga, meditation, etc. to aid with relaxtion.

Best wishes,
Val

P.S. Our first was conceived via IVF at 34 (35 at delivery) and #2 and now #3 were conceived w/o any medical intervention at ages 37 and 40!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 11:48am

I'm not that natural, but I did get pregnant 3x from 42-43.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

Pages