So I'm 43 now..

iVillage Member
So I'm 43 now..
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 11:43am

And 17 weeks pregnant.. and besides my usual dose of insulin-dependent diabetes..

I'm having your stereotypical pregnancy. I work part time, have a 4 year old at home during the day (sometimes at Grandma's), and can't say it's much different than the baby I had at 40, 33, or 30.

Although I swear I feel more tired and have more difficulty sleeping with this one than the others. But I can't say what causes that, perhaps my snorey husband? Or the barky dog.. or the allergies... not sure.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

pregnancy

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 5:39pm
Hi KelliSue!
I agree. I am 42 and I don't think this pg is much different other than the fatigue but I think there are other reasons for that, too. I hope it stays that way for both of us!
Have a great end-of-week!
Wendy, Expecting #7 Dec. 7
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 9:38pm

I'm turning 43 in a few weeks. But this being my first time expecting, I have nothing to compare it to. It's all new to me! I'm not working right now but when I've been out all day I am very tired at the end of the day. I am starting to have a harder time just getting around (have started to waddle) and my belly feels so hard and tight now sometimes it feels like my uterus is about to burst through my skin. Is this normal for a first-time mom-to-be?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:28pm
Hey there, Karen. Yes, what you described about your uterus and belly is pretty typical. When you think about what's going on inside you, it kind of all makes sense. Not that that makes you physically feel any better, but it may help keep things in perspective. Hang in there, you'll make it to the home stretch! : )
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:32pm
I'm glad to hear you're having a stereotypical pregnancy. Way to go, mama! I, too, am a Type 1 diabetic of 23+ years and am so very proud to say that baby Joey was born with PERFECT blood sugars. No glucose IV or anything. We were discharged on schedule just like any other "normal" healthy mama and baby were. With each of my girls, although they were tiny at full term (6 lbs 2 ozs and 5 lbs 12 ozs, respectively), their sugars were borderline low at birth so they put them on glucose IV's and gradually weaned them off them over a four day period (overkill in my opinion but in the long run, better to be safe than to be sorry, I suppose). Best wishes to you and I hope you continue to feel well.
Photobucket

Photobucket