Stepping Down

iVillage Member
Stepping Down
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:09pm

To all the wonderful ladies who participate on this board, it is with great sadness that I announce my resignation from CL of the Pregnant After 40 Board. After careful consideration, I have decided that I just don't have the time to commit to the members and the board as you deserve. My three children demand most of my time -- and all of my energy. Dare I say that my age may have something to do with it, too? I just don't know anymore. Until the past few months, I always said and believed I was a "young" 40 something. But I just haven't bounced back this time like I did with our girls. I don't know how much of it is age, how much of it is due to the excessive amount of weight I gained (although I gained just as much with each of our girls), and how much of it is due to the fact that I just need to get back into physical shape. My right leg, which started hurting immediately after delivery, hasn't gotten any better. I was hopeful it would, but it's just gotten worse. I guess it's from trying to keep up with my two year old who needs to be much more active than she is (no thanks to my having no energy or stamina the last 9 months!). And my back is just plain killing me. The whole mid section of my back constantly hurts. It doesn't matter how I sit or stand, it just always hurts. I finally booked a doc appointment for next Monday -- hallelujah! Sorry to leave on such a down note, but I just physically can't keep up with everything anymore. So, it is with great sadness and a feeling of defeat that I leave you as CL. I intend to still participate here, and I hope to still offer and receive support if you ladies will still welcome me as a member. Despite my frequent whining and complaining during the last few months, I really, honestly, truly, don't like to complain a lot. But this pregnancy just got the best of me. So I wish each and every one of you the absolute best during the remainder of your pregnancies and I hope you all have a relatively easy delivery and healthy baby. I look forward to hearing each of your birth stories and seeing pics of your new arrivals!

Thank you so much for allowing me to get to know you better and for sharing some personal details about you and your pregnancy journey(s). I enjoyed every moment here as CL and I wish the next CL all the best.

Edited 5/25/2010 9:33 pm ET by cl-my2girlslilahandeva

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:47pm

Hi Joan,

I am so sorry you are having such troubles. I know my recovery from my last pregnancy was much harder than the ones before and I always have rotten pregnancies. I can't believe I am doing this for the 7th time! I really hope you start to feel better soon.

Thank you for all you have done for this board. I have only been around for a couple of months but have appreciated your thoughtful and intelligent responses to everyone.

Please stay around and keep us updated!

Blessings,

Wendy, Homeschooling Mama Expecting #7 Dec. 7 at 42

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 10:00pm
Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. I truly wish you the best -- and I can't believe you're doing this for the 7th time, either! : ) I'll look forward to your updates, for sure!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 2:51am

Don't worry Joan. You are right to put your family first, especially with a newborn, and if you have physical pain on top of that, then of course everyone

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 3:38am

Sorry to hear that but totally understand.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 1:06pm

Joan-

Thank you again for the time and dedication you have put towards this board.

reena050809.jpg 0809 picture by reena102

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 7:00pm
Joan, you have been a fabulous and encouraging CL. We will miss you, but of course your little ones come first. Thanks for all you have done. Take care and I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted on you too! And we need some more pictures of Joey!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 7:17pm

Joan,

I'm so sorry to hear of but completely understand your departure as CL. I had wondered to you about this a while ago and was surprised when you said you hoped to continue after giving birth. Hope you won't beat yourself up too much about how things are going for you in general. I think I'm going to have my hands full with just one and can't imagine trying to care for a new baby with two other young children, along with dealing with all your post-pregnancy issues. Slowly you will likely begin to regain your energy-- it really hasn't been that long! Give yourself all the recovery time you need, and rejoin us whenever you feel up to it.

You've done a fantastic job as CL and I'm sorry to see you go, but as everyone said, family, and you, come first. And of course we'd still want you as a member-- would be highly disappointed if you weren't, but again, giving yourself whatever time you need is most important now.

Hope little Joey's doing well.

Edited 5/26/2010 8:51 pm ET by karen2010
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 5:29pm

Thanks, Joan, for your all your contributions and dedication. You'll be missed as CL. Glad to see you'll be sticking around, though.

Enjoy your LO and take good care of yourself!

Melinda

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 6:36pm

Dear Joan,

Thank you for all your help and encouragement to everyone.

When you go to the doctor, mention that you had a bad experience with an epidural (I remember that from your birth story). The type of symptoms that you are describing could have been caused by that.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 9:10pm

Joan,

Good for you for determining and putting your needs first. As everyone else before me has posted, it is important that you meet your own needs and those of your little ones (and hubby!).

Do not feel guilt and definitely stick around and pop in when you have time.

Frankly, I'm so glad to hear you complain! LOL

This pregnancy has been my most challenging by far...and I've always been AMA. While I would never discourage anyone from having a baby at 40, for those of us who did have babies in our 20s or 30s, I think you do feel a real difference when it comes to carrying and recovering. On the other hand, if this is your first, than you don't really have anything to compare it to...they say ignorance is bliss! hahah!

I don't know if its the GD getting me down, but I just feel like poo! I've been really good about monitoring my blood sugar, but not so good about monitoring my diet. I guess I'm feeling pissy about not gaining but 10 lbs the entire pregnancy (I'm 30 weeks today, yeah!), but still developed the GD! And while overweight to start, I wasn't obese by any means. My body just hates me!

Again, feel free to post updates and share with us at anytime!

Blessings,
Val

Pages