What have you done for the nursery?

iVillage Member
What have you done for the nursery?
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 3:39pm

What are your plans for the nursery?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 5:02pm

My plan is to clean all the crap out so the "junk room" can become the "baby's room".

I'm really stuck on ideas about painting (with no-VOC paint, of course), whether to replace the carpet, and how to refinish/repaint a dresser to put in the nursery ... I'd love to see some pictures too!

Susan

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 5:17pm
That sounds like fun, you get to start from a clean slate.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 9:43pm
LOL - I am five months pregnant, and awaiting screen test results (also measuring a week small as of last ultrasound) - I haven't even told my two kids yet (5 & 7) or anyone other than my mother in law. I think if we make to an actual baby, we'll have the nursery planned by the time babe is 13 ;-)
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:49pm

Hi Melissa.

Just discovered this post as I have been MIA for the past 3 weeks (2-week vacation and a week teaching vacation bible school!).

My nursery is almost complete...big boy's furniture was delivered and assembled this past Monday and I got baby brother's clothing all washed and put into his new chest of drawers.

I decided to go with a "vintage toy" theme for the boys. They are sharing a room (it's a huge "bonus" room...our finished attic space). Now I just need to get baby's crib assembled. The room also has hints of fire fighter memorabilia as my husband is a fire fighter.

Now that the furniture has arrived, I'm ready to put up shelving and the knick knacks (vintage slinky, view finder, sock monkey, etc.). Slowly, but surely things are coming together which is good since I only have 1 month left!!!

I went with "Paris" blue by BEHR from Home Depot and found an adorable "Vintage Flashcard" boarder from Lowes.

I am attaching the link to our family blog. I'm getting ready to do a post on the nursery, but there are a couple of older posts showing the room transformation and Tuesday's post does show Benajamin's new "big boy" bed.

Enjoy!

http://www.kueterfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Valerie

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 5:28pm
I love the theme and the bedding is adorable!