QUESTION FOR ALL!

iVillage Member
QUESTION FOR ALL!
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 12:32pm

Hi all,

First of all, CONGRATS on your PG!!!
I am 41 and still TTC #1 (as far as I know ;)), but I wanted to ask all of you the following:

1. What, if any, were your earliest symptoms?

2. Approx. what DPO would you estimate these symptoms began?

3. Did they feel different than PMS symptoms?

4. What DPO did you begin HPT and what DPO was it positive?

THANK YOU ALL and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 1:20pm

1. Fatigue and cramping.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 2:44pm

This is my third pregnancy and it was sort of a surprise so i wasn't paying attention to when my period was due. (A missed period when you're trying is the first sign, I believe.)

So, with this pregnancy the first thing i noticed was sudden fatigue. I slept on and off on the couch all afternoon one Friday and i NEVER do that. I knew I wasn't sick so it hit me all of a sudden: "I haven't felt this sleepy in the middle of the day since I was pregnant five years ago!"

Shortly there after, I noticed my boobs were sore and enlarged even just a bit (i do not experience this with my period.)

Good luck! I hope you conceive as soon as possible :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 4:17pm

My pregnancy was confirmed very early with a blood draw after insemination.

I think the first physical signs were breast tenderness at about the time my period was due (not usually a pms symptom for me). That was

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 4:55pm

Caveat - our pregnancy is the result of an IVF

1. What, if any, were your earliest symptoms?
about a 1/2 day of nausea which I never have.

2. Approx. what DPO would you estimate these symptoms began?
The day before our first beta

3. Did they feel different than PMS symptoms?
yes - see above

4. What DPO did you begin HPT and what DPO was it positive?
I have never been a POAS girl so I didn't do a HPT until after our second beta - I did it just so I could see the word "pregnant".

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 7:09am

Hi Dianne, first of all, good luck to you in TTC!

1. What, if any, were your earliest symptoms? -- Tender/sore boobs, and feeling massively hungry, noticeably more than usual hunger.

2. Approx. what DPO would you estimate these symptoms began? -- In my current pregnancy it was about a week after conceiving, or actually maybe even less than that. Less than seven days after conceiving, in other words.

3. Did they feel different than PMS symptoms? --

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 8:01am

Thank you all so much for this helpful info!
I really hope to join you on this board one day soon.

I took an HPT this morning on DPO 10 (CD 25) and it was negative. It may just be too early to test or I may be out this month. Will wait and see if my temp drops in 3 days, which is when I usually get AF.

Thank you so much and CONGRATS to you all--I am so happy to hear your stories!! Very inspiring!

-Dianne, 41 yo
DH 37