Alive, but Exhausted! Sorry for the MIA

iVillage Member
Alive, but Exhausted! Sorry for the MIA
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 2:21pm

Hi everyone!

After receiving such a sweet post from Joan, I figured I better update my status.

Last time I posted was before we left on vacation on June 9th. We ended up canceling our trip to Gulf Shores, AL due to the oil on the beaches and ended up instead in Myrtle Beach, SC. We had a fabulous time although the 2-day car trip there and back was a bit much.

Let's see...I started 2-week visits at 26-weeks and then got moved to weekly visits at 30-weeks. Can I say that I am soooo sick of going to the doctor. They do a weekly biophysical profile and NST. The upside is that I get to see my little man on u/s once a week!

Everything is going well with him. He's HUGE!!! At my monthly growth scan on Monday, he weighed in at just shy of 6 lbs! Dr. E. promises that I won't have a 9 or 10 lb baby, but I'm not so sure. My last two were 6.12 and 8.7. Dr. E. truly believes that the Nuchal Screening bloodwork was a fluke...we continue to see no evidence of DS even though my odds were pegged at 1:17.

And, I have a delivery date...

Our little prince is scheduled to make his arrival on Thursday, July 29th! I am first on the surgery schedule (7:30 AM) unless I get bumped by an emergency c-section. But regardless, we know he will be arriving on the 29th of July. This gives me 6-days between two of my kiddos birthdays! HA!

Left a few messages here and there as I was checking in. Hope everyone else is doing well,

Val

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 4:07pm

Glad things are going well for you.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 9:47pm

Hey Val,
Sounds like things are going well for you. I am right there with you in the exhausted part of pregnancy. Like you, I have to do NST, but I have to go 2x a week. The past 2 weeks, this baby failed the NST, but passed the Biophysical. I have a c-section scheduled July 27th at 7:30, so we are pretty much walking the same path on this.

Glad to hear you are doing well. I completely understand the tiresomeness of going to the OB/ peri over and over in the same week! Hang in there, it won't be long now til these little ones are on the outside!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:27pm

Hello Cheryl!

Thank you so much for your kind words and a HUGE congratulations to you! Only a few more weeks until you are out of the 1st trimester. I always seem to breathe a sigh of relief when I hit that 12/13-week window!!!

Looking forward to following your pregnancy! The time is just gonna fly.

Val

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:35pm

Oh, Carol!

You have to go 2X a week?!! UGH!

What do you do with the kiddos? I finally resorted to requiring that my husband either come home from work or I hire a sitter. I just couldn't manage the 5 & 3-year olds while strapped to the table!!! Ben is really the culprit...spinning the doctor's rolly chair...pulling sister's hair, pinching her, etc. Every time I would try to discipline them/him...the best I could do was the evil eye and snapping of fingers! HA!

How do you fail the NST? What are they looking for exactly? The doctor did mention on Monday that "he was all over the place". I meant to follow-up with her, but forgot when I began discussing having painful Braxton Hicks. (Was she referring to his heart rate...b/c that was fluctuating quite a bit as I watched the monitor.)

Since I've never gone into labor on my own (1 c-section and 1 induction that resulted in c-section) I really don't know what real contractions feel like. But I tell ya, for whatever reason, my body really seems to be gearing up for #3. Lots of uterine cramping several days apart (and only 1X a day) where I feel like I'm gonna start my period or Braxton Hicks that start in the front and then wrap around to my lower back. UGH!

So excited to hear of your scheduled due date! We are certainly on the same road!

Val

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 5:14pm

Thanks so much for the update, Val! Glad you had a good time in SC -- I've heard fabulous things about Myrtle Beach. I hope to get there one of these days...

I'm so glad to hear everything's going well -- I was starting to get worried about you! Both my girls were small (6.2 and 5.12) so for me, Joey was a big boy just like your little man is (he was a 1/2 oz shy of 8 lbs).

Congrats on having a delivery date! Woooo Hoooo! I bet you'll be super busy the days immediately before your delivery planning your daughter's birthday, huh? I'm so excited for you!!! I hope you continue to be well -- try to sneak rests/naps whenever you can, my friend! And please, keep us posted on your well being! : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 8:45pm

I hear you on the exhausted part. After the first trimester, I had a burst of energy in the 2nd, but now I'm seriously dragging a$$, particularly by the end of the day. I'm also having major Braxton Hicks, especially today, that make it hard to walk (or, rather, waddle) at times, so I'm right there with you.

Hang in there, we don't have much longer to go!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 11:47pm

So good to hear an update from you!

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 12:00am
Robbyne, I didn't realize you were so close to the big day!!! OMG, I don't know how I missed that... Please, post an update about yourself -- please! Wow, you really are in the home stretch, girl! I hope you're hanging in there and handling these last weeks of your pregnancy well.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 12:10am
Hi, sorry, it's been busy here lately so I didn't get over here for a few days.

Robynne mama to Emily (3/26/99), Allison (5/13/02)