Newcomer - Natural BFP at 43

iVillage Member
Newcomer - Natural BFP at 43
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:38am

Hi Ladies -

I am now part of your club! After 6 months of trying, my husband and I have a BFP. I am early along - only 5 weeks - but feel good and have no major health issues or history so I am cautiously optimistic. My first OB appointment is July 21st so I shoud have more info then.

We have been married for going on 8 years and have one daughter. My DD is 6 and I haven't told her yet...or my mother...or my in-laws. I have told my DH (of course) and my BF...and of course you all on the boards. It is hard but I am trying to keep quiet until sometime in September when the amnio results are back.

My Superwoman sense of smell and taste kicked in this week. We had dinner at a friends house and ate Arroz con Pollo. I could taste the 1/2 cup of white wine that went into the recipe.

baby development
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:13pm

Congratulations, Renee and welcome!

Wishing you lots of sticky baby vibes, and a healthy, happy 9 months.

It seems like a long time ago that I finally got my BFP after eight cycles of IUIs

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:23pm

Congratulations, Renee!

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers these next few weeks! Glad to hear that you're feeling good and haven't had any high risk issues in the past.

Wow...March...that seems so far away! I'll have a 7 1/2 month old when you get to deliver! The time will fly though...I still remember seeing my BFP on December 8th! Where did Winter and Spring go? LOL

Looking forward to your updates!

Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 5:49pm
Congratulations Renee! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 10:39am

Hi Renee,

Welcome and congrats! I just turned 43 and am expecting my first baby sometime in the next 4-6 weeks (my due date is August 15, but the baby/my belly is big, so it could be a bit sooner)-- so this is all new to me. I told my family and very close friends fairly early, but waited until I was about 4 months to let it be more widely known. Everyone decides for themselves the best time to tell others.

Anyway, best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Photobucket