anxiety

iVillage Member
anxiety
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 12:57pm

I am so nervous about so many things, I wake up and my mind is spinning.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cheryl702
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 4:38pm

I too am having the same feelings, I want so much to be happy about this, We tried for so long. I have 3 other children 18, 15, 12, this is my second husband. he has never married before me and has no children other then mine. We have been together almost 10 years now we were trying 5 years into our relationship, gave up last year.

I just had my 40th birthday two weeks ago, I am about 5 weeks pregnant. I wake up sick to my stomach not morning sickness but just nerves.. how do I tell my children, our family's?
some days I am okay with this and others like today I sit and wonder what on earth am I doing? I want this baby I do I just don't want to be the one to deliver it.. I am scared to death of all the possible health issues I can now have with this one. My risks are so much higher then they were 12 years ago! Not to mention that I am over weight by a lot this time!

I keep trying to find the silver lining so to speak but am having such a hard time.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 9:24pm

Hi Ladies,

You know I really don't think the health issues are as dramatic as they are played out to be.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 9:59pm

Juliette said it all. Right on! But Cheryl, I totally understand. I am 43 (almost 44) and PG with number 2 AND 3 after trying for THREE and a half years! I DID NOT ever want three kids and a minivan...but...here I am. I would not have chosen the path I am on; I would have preferred to have my 2.5 kids BEFORE I was 40 and not two at once. However, I am not ashamed of the way I feel

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 6:49am

Hi Cheryl

I am going through all the same emotions! I am now 18+ weeks and it is becoming almost impossible to hide this pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 1:37pm

Cheryl--

I'm right there with you!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 4:46pm

I think anxiety is quite normal at our ages. (I'm 46 and in the home stretch w/ #7). I know what you mean about young mothers--my friends from high school and college are having grandbabies and here I am still having babies. Oh well, I feel blessed! I hope things go well for you!

On another note, I spotted on and off in at least 3 of my pgs and everything turned out fine.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 12:26pm

Hi ladies. I'm at a different point than you all, in the pregnancy home stretch, but I can empathize about all the uncertainty of early pregnancy. Now, at the end of my pregnancy, my anxiety level is through the roof even more. I don't think a lot if it has to do with my age. I have not had other kids, so this is all new to me. I just want to caution that it's best not to dwell on the negative stories about pregnancy after 40. My mother was 38 when I was born (I'm the youngest of 4 girls) and, I only learned a few years ago, her mother was at least 40 when she had my mother in 1930 with few complications, as far as I know. So it has been done before and can be done now, and while our risks are higher, I don't think they're as daunting as they're sometimes made out to be. Now, having babies at all-- that to me is a daunting prospect! Think I and my baby will be fine in the end, but these final weeks are driving me up the wall.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:12pm

Hi Cheryl.

I just wanted to say congratulations and that I wish all the best for you.

I say just take it one day at a time and lean on us for support. After reading all of the other comments it sounds like you have lots of good company that understand your current situation.

At 40 (soon to be 41), I feel like one of the younger ones on this board and I've also had a bit of a different fertility experience than most on here (I've got a few gals to keep me company, but not many that understand my infertility walk).

We had our first baby at 35 after years of infertility and loss with a successful IVF/ICSI procedure. We then had a spontaneous conception with our son after I turned 37, and I am once again overjoyed to be pregnant at 40+ with our 3rd baby! I guess since my little ones are so close in age, I really don't feel odd about being pregnant, but I do have so many girlfriends that are sending kiddos to either high school or college. That's the only time I feel "old" LOL!

Again, hoping that your anxiety lessens and that all goes well for you with this pregnancy,

Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 10:03pm

Hi cheryl

I read your post while searching the internet and freaking out. I too am unexpectedly pregnant at 44. I have 5 children aged 6 to 14. I never expected this to happen. My mind is spinning like yours. I am finding some peace in reading the posts of other moms. I have not been to the doc yet. I just keep trying to wish it away and that seems awful, especially when I read about those trying desperately to get pregnant. I know I will love and care for the baby...i just really don't want to be pregnant or give birth again. I am not prepared for the comments of others either. I say I don't care...but don't want to be the talk of gossip either. Wondering how yo are dealing. Interesting to talk with someone in the same boat. I hope all goes well for you.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 10:35pm

WOW!!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Pages