IN SHOCK

iVillage Member
IN SHOCK
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 6:20am

Hi.

Please excuse me if this post goes a little off track or turns into a rant.
Long story Short.... I found out yesturday that I am pregnant! I did a home test and it showed up POSITIVE immediately. Now I know you've probably heard this a million times before, I WAS on the Mini-pill (micronor) NEVER missed a day, took it at the same time every day. I hav'nt been on any other form of medicationt hat could have interefered with that...so I guess out of the 2/100 ladies who can get pregnant while using this pill, I'm one of those (wonder who the other one is)...ok, now to say I am frightened to death is an understatement, I have sat and cried all night. I have 2 other children, who I lovemore than anything in the world. I have a loving and understanding boyfriend, who is not as in much shock as I am...maybe it has'nt sank in with him yet, I DUNNO.
I'm looking (I guess) for some encouraging stories regarding ladies becoming pregnant at around about the same age as me, you hear so many stories, some good, some not so good. I'm SO VERY scared at the minute.
I hav'nt as yet made an appointment with my Doctor, I'll do that tomorrow.
I'm off now to have another cry.

Thanks for reading if you got this far...sorry for the rambling on..
xx

iVillage Member
In reply to: ganela
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 6:31am

Hi there!

The first thing I would say to you is: just take it one day at a time. Don't get too far ahead of yourself in your worries. Unless you are thinking of hurrying up and scheduling an abortion, which it seems like you're not, then just worry only about the feelings and issues of today. Everything else can be dealt with tomorrow, or the next day, you know what I mean.

It sounds like everybody in your family is loving and supportive. I'm sure you know that goes

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 8:32am

Hiya.
Thank you so much for your lovely reply. I do have a very supportive family yes, I'm lucky in that way. I'm not considering an abortion no, I think when you get a shock like this it's the first thing that enters your head at the time. That thought was only there for a very short while. I've lost 4 babies, so I'm quite sure the Medical staff will keep a close eye on me anyway. There's just so many things to worry about. Like you said though, I'll try not to get ahead of myself at this stage, Million and one things racing around my head.

Thanks again for your Lovely reply.
All the very best with the remainder of your pregnancy..:-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 5:14pm

There are many of us on this board who are in your same situation.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 7:50pm

Congratulations!

I'm 44 two weeks after the baby is due. My pregnancy is so boring that we're doing a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks, 4 days. And I have diabetes, like I've had all along with insulin shots and everything.

So, nope, just because you're 40 or over doesn' t mean there's a negative outcome. This is my 2nd baby over 40. Not too big of a deal.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

pregnancy

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 6:24pm
(((HUGS))) I know that you are freaked out, it must be a big shock to you.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 8:18pm

My situation is very similar.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers