Update on 1st Appointment -

iVillage Member
Update on 1st Appointment -
Thu, 05-24-2007 - 2:13pm

Hi Ladies,

Soooo after the shock of being pregnant again with an 8 month baby, I finally went in for my first appointment today. It was like deja vu all over again, I guess I looked so gloomy (more out of tiredness and catching my DS's cough) the midwife had to ask how I was feeling about being pregnant again so soon. I looked at her like, "dont even lets go there" (LOL). Anyways they were worried about my blood pressure was really high (which is funny cause I have always had low blood pressure)so I am officially on a little or no salt and absolutely no caffeine diet and they will evaluate me on my next appointment.

I am a little worried because the midwife could not find the babys heartbeat, although she said it could be that the gestational age was wrong and baby too little to find the heartbeat. I have to go for an ultrasound tomorrow, so please send some good preg vibes my way. Although I am still trying to wrap my head around another baby, I am praying everything will go smoothly.

Oh by the way, I finally told my 14 and 11 DS's. My 11 was very excited and cant wait to have another sibling. Frankly I was in shock. He loves having a big family he said and when I was crying because he was so sweet, he said " dont cry mummy, babys are a good thing, I love my little brother so much and everything will be fine, youll see" I could not believe such wisdom form such a young one. He made me feel so much better you know. My older son, couldnt care less, he loves his brothers, but is in his own world right now.

My husband like me is still in a one day at a time mode. Its really surreal and still a bit unbelievable for me. Maybe when my stomach starts popping then it will finally sink in.

Anyway sorry for the long post. I will keep you posted about my U/S tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragment, I really appreciate it.

Bim

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-24-2007 - 4:20pm

Bim,

I will be wishing good thoughts for you and your sweet little baby! (And what kind boys you already have! They're going to make wonderful big brothers!!!)

Lois

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-24-2007 - 6:07pm

Hi Bim and Congratulations!! Now the little one will have a sibling closer to his age. I think it's just great.

Take care and keep us informed on your progress. Maybe those boys will get a little baby sister:> )

Julie

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-25-2007 - 12:39am
Thank you, a girl will be really nice, I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will update tomorrow after the U/S.