My first ultra sound

iVillage Member
My first ultra sound
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 4:08pm

Well everyone I was kind of nervous about having an intervaginal ultrasound only cause of how it sounded, but it was no biggy. My hubby and i got some really nice pictures of our baby. He cried because he said it looked like a little teddy bear and it was dancing.
I am now officially 10 weeks and 3 days. im so happy and excited.

Dyan

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 4:27pm

I am so excited for you. That is so cute that your husband thought it looked like a teddy bear. I glad everything went okay and you got some good pictures. I'm sure it makes you feel a little more at ease with everything now that you got to see your little one. Congrats.

Jill

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 4:42pm
Congratulations Dyan! I love that description...they do look like little dancing teddy bears at that age, huh? TOO CUTE!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 4:42pm

Thank you,

we are happy and thats what the baby looked like a gummy bear dancing... I cant wait to have one at 20 weeks that will be the exciting one, because I want to know what im having. I am hoping for a boy, since this is baby 5 for me and between hubby and I we have 6 chilren 3 boys and 3 girl, I have found that boys are easier. I told my husband I wanted a nerd this time. No popular troublemaker, spoiled kid. where I spend hours talking with teachers about missing work. He is buying the pocket protector. LOL

Congrats to you too.

Dyan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 4:46pm

Thank you, Good luck to you... are you pregnant yet?

you know now I have a taste for gummy bears. LOL

Dyan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 4:51pm

That is so funny. So are boys really easier to raise. My husband has two older boys 15 and 18 and he had all kind of problems with them. While my daughter who is only 5 has been a piece of cake to raise so far. So does that mean it is going to get worse? Please no.

Jill

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 5:22pm

educationally wise, girls are generally better in school, and yes boys get brought home by police, all fixable things. But my girls whine and complain and im ruining their lives, and periods (which im happpy they get) and emotion that go HI and low, one minute they are happy the next they are miserable, and the drama, my boys dont have drama, But then again it really depends on the child, I was a good child, and smart, I never got caught getting into trouble LOL.

I fight more with the girls then the boys too. must be a girl thing. To me boys were better. my girlfriend has 3 girls and says they were perfect, guess it depends on how you raise them.

dyan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 7:58pm

Dyan,

Congratulations on your ultrasound. Its amazing that you were almost 10 weeks when you found out. You're almost through the first trimester and didn't have to worry the whole time.

I am expecting number 5 in mid-September. I have 2 girls,20 and 16 from my 1st husband and 2 boys with my DH,ages 7 & 9. I agree that boys are much easier. They fight and break things (furniture, bones), but they adore their mom and never talk back. They also don't hold grudges. My girls remember every mistake I ever made. I think my girls talked back as soon as they could talk.

I am crazy about my girls, though, and as they get older, its getting easier. Number 5 is a girl, and I am excited about buying little girl clothes and my DH and my DDs are very excited. I figure when she hits her teen years that I will send her to visit her older sisters and they can have a taste of their own medicine.

Carole

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-13-2007 - 12:52am
Congratultions on a great u/s.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-13-2007 - 10:58am

Congrats!!! to you too.. actually I knew since 4 weeks, I just didnt belive it and I couldnt remember if I had a (.) in april, so I had to wait to get an ultrasound to determine my due date. I think I was in denial, I mean I took like 4 pregnancy tests.. all were positive. I cant say my boys dont talk back. And they are in the cant show you love stage being 16 and 15 years of their lives. I do want a little boy, they have such cute cloths for little boys now, much better then when my boys were little. I think my boys lived in shorts and onesies for the first 3 years of their lives.

Dyan

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-13-2007 - 9:19pm

Dyan,

Congratulations on the good ultrasound and being able to see your little teddy bear.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pages