Friday doctors apt

iVillage Member
Friday doctors apt
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 2:16pm

Hi Everyone, I went to the doctor on friday, I have 12 weeks pregnant, I got to hear the babies heart beat. 160 beats per minute. We truly enjoyed hearing the baby. I think my husband was more excited then I was. I go back in 4 weeks then they will schedule my blood tests, I told my doc I woudlnt have an amnio or the CVS. He told me if I have no intentions of terminating the baby, then there really isnt any reason to have it done, he also didnt act like my being almost 41 was a big deal. I like that about him. So so far so good.

Dyan

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 2:32pm

Dyan,

I am so glad your appointment went well. I remembered that you had an appointment on Friday and was wondering how it went.
My baby's heartbeat was 160 at 6 wks and its stayed about there the whole time. I am told that its a good rate.

Carole

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 2:42pm

Thank you,

I read that anywhere between 120 and 160 is normal...

Dyan

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 3:20pm

I think I read that, too. I have also heard that its just and old wife's tale that the higher rate means its a girl, although that has been true of my pregancies.

Carole

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 4:49pm

Good thing thats a Wives tail...... cause I want a boy. Im gray enough from all the whining and complaining and emotional roller coasters my girls ride now.. My hubby wants the girl.

I will probably get a girl too, one because I want a boy, two because it will cause so much jealousy in my house, and three because the last time I wanted a boy, I got a girl.

What ever the baby is, it will be well loved no matter what sex the baby is.

Dyan

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-02-2007 - 11:07pm

Hi Dyan,

I was hoping you'd report back after your doctor's appt. Your baby sounds like a strong little thing! Don't you just love that sound of the heartbeating?

:-)

Lois

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 9:36am

Yes, I love that sound, I was feeling un-prego... so the heart beat just confirms im still pregnant. Its a great sound.

dyan

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 4:06pm

Dyan,

I do agree that boys are easier than girls, but I am having fun decorating the nursery for a girl. Its been a while since I got to look at all the little girly stuff. Now they have pink car seats, pink strollers,pink everything! Since this is definitely my last baby, I am getting everything pink. I won't need any of it again unil I have grandchildren, which God-willing won't be for years.

And our girls will probably take care of us in our old age ('course thats only fair since they are certainly ageing us!)

Carole

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-05-2007 - 9:57am

Carol you are so funny,

Aging us is an understatement! My last child was a girl.. she wore frilly dresses and had lots of pink stuff... Now I cant even get her to dress up, I cant get her to brush her hair and she acts like im punishing her to take a bath... LOL.

Dyan