Failed 1 hour glucose test

iVillage Member
Failed 1 hour glucose test
Fri, 07-06-2007 - 7:35pm

I did my one hour glucose test yesterday and today the nurse called and said I failed it. I can't believe it! Now I have to do the 3 hour test next week. That should be fun, sitting in the waiting room for 3 hours. This is my fourth pregnancy and I never failed the glucose test before. I have no symptoms of diabetes and no family history. I wonder if my age has something to do with it? It seems like now that I am older I am having more problems. I sailed through my other pregnancies, but I was also a lot younger. I also found out that I am slightly anemic and have to take iron supplements. Maybe that's why I am so tired all the time. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. At least the baby is healthy.

Michele
EDD 10/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-06-2007 - 8:09pm

Sorry, that stinks!

stellasiggy.jpg picture by estellaberg

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-07-2007 - 6:02am

Michele,

Being older does increase the risk of GD. I just took my 1 hour test last week, and am afraid I failed mine, too. I took one at 21 wks, because my OB wanted an early one and only just passed that one. My OB was closed for 3 days last week, so I won't know until my appointment on Tuesday.

My lab is near my house and let me go home when I was waiting for the 1st results, so I am hoping I can do the same if I have to do it again.

Carole