NT Scan / blood test results..opinions?

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-23-2005
NT Scan / blood test results..opinions?
8
Wed, 08-15-2007 - 5:24pm

I had my NT scan last week and it was 1.2


the bloodwork came back today and was:


1 out of 620 for Downs

1 out of 10,000 for Trisomy 18

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-25-2005
Wed, 08-15-2007 - 7:26pm

Those numbers seem very good to me. I had horrible numbers ... 1:11 chance of DS, etc.
I had a CVS and everything came out great.
Was your baby conceived naturally? How long did it take to get pregnant?

Judi
40
EED
9/7/07

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2006
Wed, 08-15-2007 - 7:58pm

Hi Mari,


Those are great results!


stellasiggy.jpg picture by estellaberg

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-23-2005
Wed, 08-15-2007 - 8:32pm

actually we were lucky and conceived naturally on the first month not using birth control--I was very shocked


I'm so glad your CVS turned out great.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-25-2005
Wed, 08-15-2007 - 8:37pm

WOW, that all points to a very healthy happy baby in there. I would probabily do nothing with your great NT results.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Judi
40
EDD 9/7/07

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-23-2005
Thu, 08-16-2007 - 5:16am
Thanks all!

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2006
Thu, 08-16-2007 - 10:16am

Your numbers sound great, a lot better thn mine. I'm 43 and mine are 1 in 40 for Downs and 1 in 1,150 for other chromasomal disorders. I chose not to have an amnio because of the risk of m/c and also because if it came back with bad news I just didn't want to know. If I were you I would feel assured that everything was alright and wouldn't do any further testing except for a 20 week level II u/s, which is pretty standard anyway.

Michele
EDD 10/04

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-28-2007
Thu, 08-16-2007 - 7:37pm

Mari, your results look GREAT! I wouldn't worry about those!

Michele, look at it as a percentage... 1/40 is only 3% chance of having a DS baby. You have a 97% chance that the baby will be perfectly normal!!!

xxoo
Lois

  

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2006
Fri, 08-17-2007 - 10:41am

Thanks Lois, I do try and look at it as 97% odds that my baby will be alright. It's hard not to worry though!

Michele