Great level II scan y'day!

iVillage Member
Great level II scan y'day!
Fri, 10-05-2007 - 4:44pm

We had a great level II scan yesterday. The tech actually taped the whole thing for us! :) We got some great shots of the baby. She asked when she was taking us back if we knew the gender yet and when we said "no" she asked if we wanted to know. We assured her we did want to know if she could tell. We told her "We have three girls at home. We *need* to know! Just in case we need to buy blue stuff."

She checked the baby's gender *first thing* - which is unusual because we're accustomed to them waiting to do the "fun" stuff until all the "business" is finished. She put the transponder to my belly and gasped then exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! IT'S A BOY!!! Oh, he just moved his leg in the way. Let me try this shot..." she moved the transponder and there was NO DOUBT. Here's what we saw:

Definitely no doubt that he's a boy!!! She tried to get some good 3D/4D shots that included his face but he kept his arms crossed across his face and the more she tried to move him, the more he buried his face in his little arms. Poor little sweetie..."Leave. Me. ALONE. People!!!" LOL

Since there were no markers for any of the Trisomies or other things to raise a "red flag" we elected, with my OB, to not do an amnio. Oh my gracious - a SON!!! Yay!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2007 - 6:00pm
That's great, Gina!! A BOY!! He's gonna be so well taken care of by his big sisters. As you can see I tried a couple of times for that boy! Now, with this pg I'm kind of scared to have a boy. Will I know what to do with him? I'm just kidding really. I'd love a healthy baby no matter what sex it is. You're going to have fun shopping for all that cute boy stuff.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2007 - 8:50pm
Congratulations!!!

p15296s1102107_33_0-1.jpg