38 week appointment

iVillage Member
38 week appointment
Fri, 12-28-2007 - 8:24pm

Well I had my 38 week appointment. at least this time I didnt start bleeding after it. but im only 2 cm and the doc said my cervix was thick... that means that all these fake contractions and pains down the center of my groin are doing nothing... I so want this baby this month, but I think that I will probably go full term, you can be at 2 cm for like ever!

I didnt even get to see my own doc today, cause he was delivering my own baby, but at least he didnt cancel my appointment, he asked another doc to check me out because of last time. She is nice enough of a doctor but I prefer a man doc. Besides I really like my doctor, he is funny and nice and makes me feel good, and I trust him.

I told my hubby that we are having sex tonight and every night till the baby comes. I read that semen contains prostaglandins. Prostaglandins cause the cervix to "ripen", or soften and prepare to open. Well so i have read.

Anyway, anyone else got some good ideas on how to make your cervix cooperate with a mothers plans.

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2007 - 11:46am
I didn't think you could have sex or take baths once you started dilating.

p15296s1102107_33_0-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2007 - 11:59am

I remember with my second. I went for my 38 weeks appot.

Photobucket

A baby is a gift from God

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2007 - 2:39pm

Yes, you can have sex as long as it is comfortable for the mother, and as long as your water hasnt broken, and your plug is still intact. I still have all those things, but if I were to lose my plug then NO, I couldn't have sex because the plug acts as a barrier to keep things out of the cervix. My last baby was 10 years ago too, I just dont remember it being like this one at all. the last two days I have been having super bad headaches, I never get headaches. Maybe its a sign of pre-labor??

Dyan

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2007 - 5:33pm

I can only hope that I deliver soon, I could probably hold out longer if I didnt have this nasty headache and could fall asleep at night, I just sit there in bed waiting to drift off, then I have to pee.. so I sit there again, waiting, then I have to pee.. I can sleep during the day, Why is that, its probably my husbands snoring thats really keeping me awake, or I can blame it on him anyway, lol

Dyan

pregnancy