39 week appointment

iVillage Member
39 week appointment
Fri, 01-04-2008 - 4:24pm

Ok, went to the docs and there has been no change!... Boo Hoo!!!!!!! I am still only 1.5 cm cervix has made no change towards thinning, and im still pregers! UGH! I know the baby will come when the baby is ready to come out, but what if they made a mistake and my due date is wrong? what if they are a week off! What if I am actually having a very large baby and that the first measurement they took were wrong making me due later. I guess it wont matter if I go past my due date then the doc will induce, at least I hope he will, I made one more doctors appointment for next friday, and I sure hope I dont need it!

This totally suck, I want this child out of me!!!! I am so frustrated,
I wanna pina colada,
I wanna wear real jeans that button and zip in the front,
I want to sleep on my back,
I want to be able to cough and sneeze without peeing my pants,
I want to see my baby,
I want to hold my baby,
I want to make daddy change diapers,
I want to go into labor!,
I want to be able to walk father than a block without having to sit down and catch my breath.

I want to go on a diet and lose some of this fat on my big-ol-butt!!!!

thanks for listening to me vent.

Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2008 - 5:02pm

(((HUGS))) I can totally relate, Dyan.

Sister Siggy Fall 08
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2008 - 7:19pm
mmmmmmmmmmm Dont these look good!!!!!! Of course after im done nursing the baby!

OK, I know I cant make the baby come out any sooner then I want but dang I wish I could.

After I posted I went and looking up how accurate measures by US for fetal due date was and the article I found says its more accurate then by menstral, so.. I guess I dont have to worry about that.

And even if they were wrong they would only be off by at the most a week. Whats 7 more days.. HA HA HA we would still be considered full term.SIGH

Well only time will tell whats going to happen... good luck and thanks.

Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 12:43pm

Oooooo...I'll take one of each of those drinks. :-)

Sister Siggy Fall 08
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 5:15pm

Nope no pressure!!!

Today I was cleaning, ok well im still cleaning but needed a break, I was cleaning ceiling fans (had hubby take them down and I washed them in the sink) maybe that is what they mean about nesting. Normally I would just knock the dust off of them... HMMMM

A buick club, Like the cars? I owned two buicks both blew up on the highway, they over heated and the engines seized. Both were LeSabers Both over heated, one was a 76 the other a 79, That is of course that your Buick club is about cars.. LOL

Nursing, I will only nurse for about 4 to 6 weeks, I will also bottle feed, I want the freedom to have a baby sitter, and if all the baby gets is breast, it makes it hard to go out, I know breast milk is better, but I figure that I nurse in the beginning before the milk actually comes in and they get the colostrum milk, which I know has all the anti bodies in it that I possess and this goes right to the baby, then they get the nutrition for a while when the milk actually comes in. Its the beginning milk I feel is the most im portant even if you dont continue breast feeding.

Here is what I found on it,

Colostrum is high in carbohydrates, high in protein, high in antibodies, and low in fat (as human newborns may find fat difficult to digest). Newborns have very small digestive systems, and colostrum delivers its nutrients in a very concentrated low-volume form. It has a mild laxative effect, encouraging the passing of the baby's first stool, which is called meconium. This clears excess bilirubin, a waste product of dead red blood cells which is produced in large quantities at birth due to blood volume reduction, from the infant's body and helps prevent jaundice.

Colostrum contains large numbers of antibodies called "secretory immunoglobulin" (IgA) that help protect the mucous membranes in the throat, lungs, and intestines of the infant. Leukocytes are also present in large numbers; these begin protecting the infant from harmful viruses and bacteria. Ingesting colostrum establishes beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract.

So even if you cant continue to nurse or dont want to continue, its best to do it right in the beginning! Some is better then none!

Anyway, back to my nesting cleaning... LOL, wishful thinking!!!

Whats weird though is all my children were either born on saturdays or thursdays, and my babies due date is thursday, isnt that weird? and I was born on a thursday too..

Good luck
Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 6:12pm

Sounds like nesting to me! :-) That urge hasn't hit me yet...I keep hoping.

And yes, the Buick club is for cars. :-) DH is a big gearhead - we have two Buick muscle cars - a bright red 71 Grand Sport 455 convertible (similar look to a Skylark but more horsepower) and a gold hardtop 72 Grand Sport that is 'in process.' There are other cars from the 30s to the 80s in the club - it's a really nice group of people, very down to earth.

I definitely want to BF as much as I can at first, too. If I can keep it up, great, but I know how hard it was for me to pump regularly when I went back to work last time, so we'll see what happens.

Like I said, we did both from the beginning with Sabina, but she did great - didn't have any problem going from the breast to the bottle and back. It was nice to have DH be able to give her bottles in the middle of the night, and for other people to be able to stay with her sooner.

It's still Saturday...maybe this baby will be born today still, so you don't have to wait until Thursday! :-)

Kitty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

pregnancy
Sister Siggy Fall 08
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 6:56pm

I think only in my dreams will the baby come today. Its ok, I still have things to do around the house, and it is nice sleeping till noon without hearing whaaa whaaa whaaaa! I am lucky, I wont be working, I quit my job and will be a stay at home mom, I am so lucky to be in a position where I can stay at home, Though I think more people think they wont make it without two pay checks... but I think people don't realized how much money they actually waste.

So far losing my pay hasnt really impacted us.. sure things are tighter, but I still spend the same on food, our bills are still paid, we just dont have a lot of extra money for fun stuff, like vacations, but we own a boat and a camper they are old but heck, the boat floats and the camper sleeps 10, even if it is held together by duct tape and safety pins. LOL

We got our pop up for free, (I love Free stuff) Someone was remodeling their kitchen and gave us their cabinets, they didnt fit our house.. so my dh was going to put them in the garage, my brother inlaw came over and wanted them for his cottage, so they had the camper and needed to move it, so we traded. worked well for me. I just love getting stuff for free, our boat was a deal too, my husband had a 14 foot fishing boat, and a friend of his had the 17 foot johnson, which we bought for 500 bucks the boat sits 8 comfortably, that same day, someone came by and bought my DH's little boat for 500 buck.. so it was like getting a bigger boat for free!!!!! I still think for my husband b-day, im going to get him a little fishing boat, the big boat is more for pleasure cruising and not fishing. I have to june to save up for it, I know he will absolutely love it. since we got the big boat he hasnt gotten to fish at all. one half of our garage is filled with band equipment and the other half is filled with fishing gear.. thats right our cars sit in the drive way because he uses the 2.5 car garage for rehearsals. I made a deal with him that as long as I didnt have to scrape my windows from snow, he could use it for his band.

OK so I rambled enough! I will tell ya I love free stuff so much, that I havent had to buy anything for the baby, if someone offered me anything that was for baby, I took it. I have boxes of cloths up to two years of age for this child. two walkers, two bouncies, play mats and toys that this child wont be able to play with for 9 months LOL

OK catch ya later I have to take my apple strudel muffins out of the oven (came from a box) in case you are wondering... LOL

Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 11:30am

Sounds like you got some good deals on your camper and boat! I love a good deal, too - it's the best. :-) We moved Sabina into a new 'big girl' room so we can use her old room for the baby, and one day, one of our neighbors had a really cute toy chest sitting in their driveway with a "Free" sign on it - it's cute, in great shape, and matches her room perfectly. I think I'm more excited about that than anything else in the room! LOL

It's great that you'll be able to stay home. That's just not in the cards for us at this point, but I'm OK with it. I really like my boss and coworkers and the company I work for, so that helps.

Your husband has the garage filled with fishing and band equipment - mine has ours filled with cars and car stuff... At least I do still get to park inside - that was the deal we made when he wanted to buy a 2nd classic car - his daily driver gets to sit on the driveway. ;-)

As for baby news, I was finally having some decent contractions overnight - seem to have stalled out for now, but at least I feel like I'm making some progress. I lost my mucus plug this morning, so that's a good sign, too. Maybe today or tomorrow? I hope so. If not, at least I hope this will mean an induction will be successful. Keep sending those labor vibes, and I'll do the same for you!

Kitty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

pregnancy
Sister Siggy Fall 08
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 3:41pm

OH lucky you!!!!! if the plug is gone that means the cervix is loosening up, rats you will have your baby first...

Actually im happy for you!!!! '

My hubby says that he cant sleep at night because he is like in waiting for me to say, "its time to go" I told him that its not an exact science, that the date could be off. who knows?

The baby will come when the baby wants to come. He just is comfortable where he is. I still worry, cause when I wake up in the morning I have to poke my belly to make sure he is still moving.. then he kicks me and I know its all good.

OK here are your vibes>>> LOL
VIBESSSSSSSSSSSSS~~~~~~~contractions~~~~~~Labor~~~~~~Delivery~~~~~~~VIBESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
VIBESSSSSSSSSSSSS~~~~~~~contractions~~~~~~Labor~~~~~~Delivery~~~~~~~VIBESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WEll keep us posted on your progress. I am just biding my time sleeping in late and going what ever cleaning I feel like doing. The children go back to school tomorrow and I cant wait.. all these teens in my house during the day is a pain.. teens are so messy and they eat too much... LOL

Good luck
Dyan

pregnancy