New to board - results from nuchal u/s

iVillage Member
New to board - results from nuchal u/s
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 8:48am

Hi,
I just found this board, on recommendation from someone on the August 2008 expecting club. So cool. I'm 43, this is my first.

I just did my nuchal ultrasound and quadruple screen. I started with a 1/30 chance of Downs strictly because of my age, and the geneticist said that after my testing I ended up with a 1/600 chance. So she called that normal. But I'm still thinking I'll do the amnio.

Still, I find it frustrating that they calculate age into everything. I wonder what my results would have been if they left that out of the equation, after testing?

I need to write a longer intro here somewhere, as I'm also finding that due to the boyfriend's ambivalence about having (another - for him) child, I seem to be a single mom.

Basically, I'm just very glad to find a bunch of women who are also over 40 here!

Iris

Iris

Iris
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2008 - 12:31am

HI Welcome aboard!!!!

Congratulations on your baby news.

Yep we are a bunch of over 40 woman having or had a baby recently. I was happy when I found the board. and I found it by accident looking for information about being prego over 40. And look I ended up the community leader.. Anyway. congrats and welcome.

I didnt do any testing with my pregnancy so my odds stayed at 1 in 40.. so one in 600 would have been awesome to me. I couldn't have an amnio, it just seemed so much like being abducted my aliens with that needle in the belly thing.. gives me the shivers... LOL

baby development

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2008 - 3:36am

hello Iris

I'm 43 and expecting my 2nd at the beginning of September.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-26-2008 - 3:14pm
Congratulations on your first baby!

Monica

Summer Fun