Glucose Test-29wks

iVillage Member
Glucose Test-29wks
Thu, 03-06-2008 - 3:32pm
Took the Glucose test yesterday. Boy was that syrup nasty. I guess Ill know the results when they come in. I have to go to the Doc now every 3 weeks. Next visit another ultra sound. So far all is well. But for some reason I keep being afraid because of my age. My instinct says everything is good. I guess I'm just missing TLC from hubby. I think he doesn't realize that I need support and love during this time.
iVillage Member
In reply to: mykmom
Thu, 03-06-2008 - 9:31pm

HI, Yep that stuff taste like super sugarry pop... I drink diet pop and regular pop seems sweet that stuff was off the charts in sugarville... I had orange flavor, and from what I remember orange was much better then cola flavored.. the part I hated was waiting the hour in the office, how boring is that, I think I took a nap!

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2008 - 1:01am

I took the test 2 weeks ago. Times have changed since I was in my 20's and took the test. It was the nasty syrupy cola drink back then that made me so sick to drink.

This time, I got punch flavor and it just reminded me of drinking gatorade...coolaid that is watered down. Not the best drink, but not like it use to be.

I never heard back from the doctors office...so I'm hoping everything turned out normal. (I'm

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2008 - 3:59pm
The nurse called me I believe the next day or so and told me all is well with the test. No gestational diabetes. But she did say I need iron pills and called me in a 30 dollar subscription. Can you just take the regular iron pills at the store? I know I need those I could sleep 3 out of 4 hours during the day. They had given me some sample vitamins and boy did they have me on a cleaning marathon.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-18-2008 - 10:09am

Hi there,

I just had my Sugar test yesterday!! Times sure have changed in 19 yrs,lol.. Even the lab tech told me the drink has been improved thru the years. I mentioned how when i had my son it was Coke or Orange and she said those were the past in most states its been changed.. This time was fruit punch and Not as sweet as I remembered it back then. Wasn't the worst but certainly wasnt great..lolNow just wait.. hope by Fridays appt the Dr. will have some results..