3d/4d Ultrasounds?

iVillage Member
3d/4d Ultrasounds?
Fri, 03-14-2008 - 4:09pm

Have any of you went to the Ultrasound places that do the 3d/4d color ultrasounds?

I had one done when I was 15 weeks. It was pretty neat, but yet my placenta was in the way for a lot of the pictures. My daughter is pregnant too and had one done at 15 weeks and hers was as clear as can be.

I tried going again 2 weeks ago when I was around 32 weeks...the baby would not cooperate with them after 3 hours of trying to get her to move just a little and put her hands down away from her face. No luck! I was disappointed. She was holding onto the umbilical cord and had it up against her face and wasn't moving for nothing! They told me to come back in a couple of weeks and hopefully she will move and they will get better pictures. She was also breech and the placenta was in the way during the last visit. We are hoping that she is head down this time so that we can get better pictures.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these done and what their results were. Also, if anyone has any recommendations as to when the best time (week wise) is to go to get the best pictures that look more real life.

Thanks in advance.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2008 - 4:05pm

Hi

I have an appt booked fr a 3/4D ultrasound just past 28 weeks. I will let you know.

Lori

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2008 - 9:27pm

I just had another ultrasound today at 36 weeks. Still no luck for me due to the baby still being in the breech position and the placenta in the way again.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed.

I am going back to try this again in another week. :(

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2008 - 9:42pm

Awww that's too bad....by the time I

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2008 - 9:43pm

Well, my baby is still breech and very very hard to get a good picture. But, what they did end up getting was still amazing to me. I just had to share.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2008 - 9:22am
Aw those were cute pics!! Well Im only 23 wks today! I actually have an appt w/ a NEW OB today.. and I see a Mat. Fetal Medicine dr for my Diabetes the following and there they told me they could do the 3D/4D...soo I am hoping when I go tues..we have some cute pics too!! Last time they were looking only thru the 2d(blk/white) she was just like a little Skeleton! soo I was hoping for better succes around my 20ths wks... soo? we shall see! If I get some I'll be back to post!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2008 - 2:03pm
My daughter is 23 weeks along and her pictures are 110% clearer than mine. You can tell exactly what her baby looks like. Mine aren't as clear due to the baby was breech and they had to scan threw my placenta to see her. But, they are great to see and have. Actually I think now that my baby is born, the pictures are not very far off from what she looks like. Really neat!!