FISH result good - so relieved!

iVillage Member
FISH result good - so relieved!
Wed, 04-09-2008 - 8:50am

The FISH result for my amniocentesis just came back: my baby is a healthy little boy!

I'm so relieved and just wanted to share it with you...

Torielle

<Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2008 - 10:59am

Yea !!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2008 - 1:58am

Thank you Rachelle.

I feel so much better now, although I have to keep reminding myself that the FISH is not the full result...

We didnt need the amnio to see it was a boy - he revealed himself during the pre-amnio scan! In fact, digesting the news that he is a boy helped me get through the amnio itself. I knew DH would be over the moon and in fact so was I! It IS perfect to have a girl and a boy. but to be frank, I just want a healthy baby. I'll love it to pieces whatever the sex!!! And at least with a boy I wont have to tie its hair in bunches all day long!!

I had alot of cramping after the amnio, followed by a bruised feeling. Now it's all ok again, but my stomach has got even bigger in the days following the test - did this happen to you?!

torielle

<Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2008 - 9:04am
I'm so happy for you Torielle!!! Congratulations on the great results, September will be here before you know it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 12:38am

WOOO HOOOO Torielle!!

Have been waiting to hear the good news, logged on this evening and there it was! Another little boy...yeah! Have you thought about names yet??