Finally, starting to relax

iVillage Member
Finally, starting to relax
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 8:55pm

I finally feel I am beginning to relax... I am at week 12 (2 weeks past the anniversary of my previous miscarriage), and I had my NT US today. My SO and our aupair were in the room (she was almost as excited as we were!) and we got to see baby!!! "he" posed so perfectly for the camera, was sucking his thumb, drinking fluid and wriggling about; His nuchal fold and nasal bones measured perfectly. I realize that there is still the blood test results and the compound probability ratio, but just seeing "him" there made me so happy.
All of the sudden I feel like I can start to acknowledge him. I bought a card to send out to my parents and Joe's family with the US pictures to let them know "we" are pregnant, and I bought yarn and materials to knit little stripped elf hats for baby and his brother (I am due in Christmas!) so I can take pictures when he is born.
I realize how much longer there is to go, and how much can go wrong but... I can't help to feel so happy!!! I am sure that those of you that have had a m/c will understand me at least a little :)

Carmen in AZ

pregnancy calendar
pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2008 - 1:24pm

Carmen.... CONGRATS on seeing the baby and the preliminary results of your tests.

Dina

Mommy to Danny (12/21/04) and Hayley (12/02/08)!!!