Preeclampsia

iVillage Member
Preeclampsia
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 5:01am

So, i'm 44, at 36 weeks and it seems I have some symptoms of preeclampsia.

So far, I've been monitored for a couple of days with blood pressure and urine testing, and yesterday, they sent me in for blood tests.

Anyone else have this issue?

I honestly wouldn't mind having the baby a bit early because I'm so uncomfortable, but I am slightly concerned about just not knowing..and the fact that I am so tired all the time I can't exercise much and my weight is just ballooning!

Thanks!

Iris

Iris

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: terramaid
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 1:43pm

I havent experienced this, but my friend, who is 43, spent most of

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 2:30pm

They are monitoring the situation so that in itself should act as a reassurance. #2, IF they decided that the best route to go was to take baby immediately, you are 36 weeks, only 1 week off from "full term".

Stay well hydrated and take it easy until your next appt.

Good luck.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2008 - 8:52am

Hi Iris,

I had pre-e with DS.

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-13-2008 - 5:30am

Hi again,

As I mentioned yesterday, I had pre-e with my son when I was 33.

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-13-2008 - 12:44pm

thanks so much for your responses!

i got put on bed rest...and i'm going to try to be patient!

Iris

Iris
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-13-2008 - 9:09pm

Hi Iris,

My name is Susan. I had my daughter 7 weeks ago. I was 36 weeks and developed Preaclampcia. They induced me as soon as my bloodwork came back and put me in the hospital. They will put you on medication to prevent seizures and strokes which will make you very warm but it does the job. Just please if you feel any major headaches that tylenol wont take care of or pain in your lower stomach or top of leg or blurred vision, don't take it lightly go to the DR or hospital. It will all be fine, My daughter was small but Very healthy and I am thankfully getting back to normal too

Good Luck

Susan

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 2:23am

Thanks, Susan!

Since my blood tests were not too bad, and my blood pressure went down a tiny bit, the Dr. thinks I can avoid being induced, so he's put me on bed rest. Wish me luck, oh boy. I have a very short attention span and am used to being very active.

I am more tired than usual, and I am so bloated! My face...bleh. Did that happen to you?

I still don't really get where preeclampsia comes from, and it's hard to take it really seriously since I don't actually feel sick!

Best,
iris

Iris

Iris
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 7:33pm

hello Again.

No I didn't get bloated but maybe its because the Dr. acted on the situation pretty fast. I had went for my routine weekly visit, feeling fine except for a little tingling in my upper leg, which i thought was from standing at work. well my blood pressure was 156/110. I didnt feel sick either so i understand what u mean. well the tingling was a sign i didnt know. But it all worked out great!!like i said they might put u on a med (cant rember the name) since u have signs of Preclampsia but everything will be fine. just listen to the doc!!

Do you know what your having? Hang tough, not much longer to go

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 9:04pm

Now I have to decide:
1. do i check into the hospital tonight and get some medication so my cervix thins out and gets ready for labor, and then get induced in a few days?

2. do i schedule a c section?

help? I have no idea what to choose...am having my boyfriend also talk to the doctor, but I feel like this is a tough choice to make.

Iris

Iris
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2008 - 1:00am

I have never had it, but I've had several friends who has had it and my sister in law had it as well. She delivered 3 weeks early because of it (they induced her).

My daughter just delivered her baby on Monday and during the labor....they said she developed it (which I didn't know it was considered that if you don't actually get it until delivery) ???? Her blood pressure was sky high during labor (the last I looked at the machine, it said 189/121 and it had been climbing for 4 hours). They put her on the medicine (magnisium I believe) to keep her from seizing. Then made her stay in the delivering room 24 hours afterwards to monitor and get her bp down.

Sakari at 1 month old:

sakari small

Sakari at 2 months old

Photobucket

2 months old

Photobucket

Pages