I spoke to my baby today!!!!

iVillage Member
I spoke to my baby today!!!!
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 1:00pm

I am having a cerclage on Monday (11/24). I am still mostly in the frame of mind of waiting to see if the baby will really survive until the procedure. I read an article that made me feel better about this state of mind I seem to have. It spoke of how women who have a miscarriage do not see the baby as a baby right away because they are detaching themselves to protect themselves from getting hurt if they should miscarry again. I realized that was how I was feeling and am now working on seeing this as a baby who is really going to come into the world. I think I am getting better in my thinking. I actually spoke to the baby today. DH speaks to it all the time and my daughter speaks to it every morning, night and when she comes home from school...I just hold it when I feel funny and am scared something is wrong.

Today, as I was walking through the grocery store and feeling nauseous, I told the little bun that I loved it. I stopped, mid-stride, I was so shocked at myself. It made me very joyful.

Thanks for "listening"!!!

baby

baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 9:05pm

Hope everything goes smoothly with your procedure next week...how far along are you?

I know about that dettachment thing too....I've had misscarriages in the past (as well as 2 children), but in the first 12 weeks I had complications...I thought for sure I was going to lose the baby - I was in shock to be sitting in my obgyn's office at 12 weeks still pregnant! Another thing we worrying women do is not refer to it as a "baby", it is a pregnancy...

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2008 - 2:05pm

Hi Amy_43,

I am happy to say the procedure went well, and my doctor was very encouraging. He said that he thinks all will go well and the baby to term. I am getting a little better in my bonding. I feel more assured now. I am actually starting to make plans for decorating a nursery!!! lol

I appreciate your words of encouragement. I have been having some intense emotional breakdowns this past week. My DH has been so sweet and patient, so I feel truly blessed. I am in agreement with you in that we have decided to forgo all the tests...they won't change our mind about having the baby. So, I am going to try to relax and enjoy the miracle (and the pampering).

I pray all the best for you and your sweet baby boy.

Thank You!!!

baby