Hopeful and confused

iVillage Member
Hopeful and confused
Tue, 12-02-2008 - 10:55pm

I went for my checkup today and I agreed to get the first level screening done, my doc called it the BUN tests. I am happy to report that the NTS measurements were perfect. I will get the blood test results within 5 days, but I am hopeful that things will come back fine and I will need no further testing. I also tested negative for both clotting disorders that I was tested for at the last visit.

Now comes the confusing part. My doctor's practice has numerous doctors and you rotate through all the docs just so that you get to met them all since you never know who is going to be on call for the actual delivery. Quick recap on my history. I have had 2 D&Cs due to miscarriages, one almost 15 years ago and one last year. I've also had 2 leep procedures and 2 colposcopys (to remove precanerous cells), both done over 10 years ago. I asked both my regular doctor and the doctor who performed the 2nd D&C if this would in any way cause an issue with any further pregnancies and I was assured by both of them

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-03-2008 - 12:42pm

Hi I just wanted to say I am sorry that you didn't have a very good experience w/the dr.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 1:22am

I am going to a dr practice with a similar policy, rotation...although I have now switched to thier midwife group and now have to do rotations with them. I like to get to know the drs/midwives a little better...I request to see each one more than one visit in a row. I did run into a problem with Dr#1 who wanted me to have all the screening US tests done...which wasn't such an issue for me except it came with mandatory genetic testing which I really didnt want to participate in. I chose to see Dr #2 for a second opinion, because i felt pressured by Dr #1 (you know by