contractions for 12 hours

iVillage Member
contractions for 12 hours
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 1:51am

Well, never a dull moment! I am 34 weeks, and last Thursday my husband and I were at a real estate closing for our new house (which will be under renovations for the next three months) when I stated feeling some unusual contractions. The contractions continued for the next three hours,and of course when I called the doc the sent me right to the hospital. I had contractions every 3-4 minutes for the next 8 hours!

They were finally able to get them stopped and sent me home a little before midnight! Fortunately, I have not dilated, and the doctors feel reasonably certain I won't go into full labor just yet.

At least it gave me a valid excuse to rest for a few days during this busy season!!

Amanda

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-29-2008 - 9:02am

OH that must have sucked, Rest is good!!!!!, Taking it easy is good... having people wait on you hand and foot is good.. Contractions those are sucky! I am glad they got them to stop.... a few more weeks and you if you do go into early labor your odds are even better for the babies lungs... I had a baby at 36 weeks she was 5 pounds and healthy... But I at that time smoked so she probably would have been bigger.. because my last baby was 9 pounds and I didnt smoke! Good luck and remember you are the pretty pretty princess to keep your feet up and let the people serve ya... LOL

Dyan

baby development