1st ultra sound today

iVillage Member
1st ultra sound today
Wed, 02-11-2009 - 7:21pm

I had my first ultra sound today.

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 2:40am
Congratulations! That is awesome! I am so very sorry about your DH, that must be so hard. I lost one very early on this past summer and DH was not very thrilled about the baby in the first place for the same reason. It was less than a week after I tested that I lost the baby. I know he would have warmed up to the baby over time, but being in between jobs was just too hard for him right then. As much as he loves me and didn't want to see me hurting, I still had to go through the loss pretty much alone since he just could not relate to me no matter how hard he tried. I only tell you this so that you know I have just a small glimpse of how difficult this must be for you right now. So incredibly hard. My DH has a great job now, and was so much more supportive through our more recent loss, as he wanted this baby too. It makes such a difference. I really hope and pray that your DH gets a job soon, it may not be the total answer for him in this situation, but I am sure it will help. (((Hugs)))

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 8:32am

Hi Karen,

I'm really happy that your ultrasound went so well. Of course this is a double edged sword for you as your DH is not being supportive. I think Michelle is right that it is really because of your financial situation that your husband is not being supportive. My husband is employed, but I think he worries too that he may not be able to support us if he loses his job as I am not able to work now and don't get mat leave.

I stated telling people when I was about 6 weeks - my Mom especially because I needed her support. Everyone else I waited until 12 weeks. Get lots of rest and try not to worry too much.

Heidi.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-14-2009 - 8:52am
Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well with your US. Sorry your DH isn't being supportive or sharing in the joy right now. I hope that your family and friends will be supportive especially in light of all the obstacles you are facing in the immediate future - I would share as soon as you feel ready. You need someone to give you a hug and be happy with you!