35 wk appt and final US

iVillage Member
35 wk appt and final US
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 1:34am

Just had my 35 week appointment, and my visits are weekly from here on out...also had my final ultrasound. The drs put the fear in me early on, telling me they would be watching me carefully...to plan on a few US as I near my due date and stress tests because at AMA our placenta may not hold out full term.. Needless to say I have gotten a little anxious as my date gets closer

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 9:32pm
I'm glad things are going well for you this far into the pregnancy!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2009 - 1:40am
Yay Amy!

Shelli, married to Jason for 18 years, mom to Derek(15), Alyssa(12), and Carly (2/26/09)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2009 - 3:53am
Glad to hear all is going so well! You are getting so close!

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2009 - 9:54pm

Hi Amy,

I'm so glad that your U/S went well. I already had my Strep B - maybe they do it earlier in Canada? Anyway, it was negative, but my baby is now sideways. Somehow he switched positions in the last 2 weeks?! I will have another U/S next week to see if he has moved,, otherwise it is another c-section for me in 3 weeks.

It's so soon now, I can't believe it!

All the best,
Heidi.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-26-2009 - 7:34am

Sideways sounds sooooo uncomfortable right now!! I hope he moves back down for you in time for delivery!

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-26-2009 - 10:53am

It's not too bad. He's in almost a c-shape so he is working the curves. hehe

I was hoping to v-bac, so we''ll just have to wait and see. Are you getting excited? Have you decided what you are going to do about work / stay at home? I was starting to panic that I won't have everything ready.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-26-2009 - 12:42pm

I hope he turns again...I understand it is unusual for them to come up once they've been head down, so hopefully he'll drop back. When is your due date?

I will be returning to work after a minimum of 12 weeks...I'll try to push for as many extra as I can. I am visiting the daycare center tomorrow and they have my reserved for July...I know there is someone else behind me looking for a spot so I won;t be able to push it much beyond that, hopefully the end of July :-)

Strangley enough I am not worried about being ready, I know I will have the bassinet...and aside from that I need diapers and wipes :-) We have the food (nursing)....I will wait until after my shower to start making the list of what I will still need...baby bath, clothing etc....thanks to the internet you can get anything you need without leaving home, no panic mode for me :-) Maybe a little denial ????