I've got my baby's birthdate

iVillage Member
I've got my baby's birthdate
Sat, 04-18-2009 - 12:20pm

I was at the doctors yesterday and they scheduled my c-section for May 11th.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-25-2009 - 1:08pm

Of course you can do it, and you will be wonderful! With my 2 yr old I had NOTHING ready for her until just days before she was born! If I can do, then I know you can too! I finally came to realize that there is little that truly needs to be done ahead, babies really aren't that demanding at first, it is us who think we have to have everything in place!

I am sorry your DH won't be home much at first, that might be a bit tough. Do you have other family/friends that can stop in to help out? Do have some meals in the freezer or people lined up to bring something over? I know that made SUCH a difference for me, knowing I would not have to worry much about meals. I do hope that you have some support close by. If your children are like mine though, they will be quite glad to help out in those first few days, it is later on that they don't like to help so much anymore!

Hang in there, I know it is overwhelming at times, but you can do this! (((((Hugs)))))

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 3:57pm

Michelle, thanks for your confidence in me ...

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-28-2009 - 2:29am
you are getting so close! Yes, I knew your family was in Germany, but I was hoping maybe there was someone else close by. Sorry your DH is picky about his meals, but maybe he will just have to tough it out for just a little while. Besides, it isn't like it will be forever! I know, easier said than done. Maybe if he is gone for the first bit as you mentioned it won't matter if you have heat and serve meals when he isn't there, and then he could help out when he is around. I know it is hard when you have considered so many options already and none seem to fit with your unique situation, but somehow it will all come together, it always does. In the meantime I am glad to hear you are getting so much more ready, you will probably be all set to go long before your baby really arrives!

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious