1st appt at 6 weeks 1 day

iVillage Member
1st appt at 6 weeks 1 day
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 12:03pm

Ok yesterday was my first appt. Last week I did the HCG and progesterone test on Wed and than just HCG friday. Progrest was 6.9 so gave me a script for prometrium. HCG was 23,000 wed and 28,000 Friday. I had already checked out when they were tracking down the friday number, nurse said for me to wait in waiting room. She then stuck her head out and said dr said was ok for me to go. I was thinking the HCG was supposed to double in 2 days so I'm going to look that up. Vaginal ultra sound showed a flashing light they said was heartbeat and a sac but no fetal pole. I feel sick to my stomach but haven't thrown up which is great. Since I just miscarried last sept 3oth, my emotions are crazy right now, hasn't really sunk in yet although i feel so yucky!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 12:53pm
Early apts are hard because it is so hard to really know what is going on. Seeing a heartbeat at 6w 1d is really a good sign. I understand the worry, I lost two in the last year. It can be hard to stay positive, but the odds of having a sticky bean are still better than the odds of losing one.

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious