iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 11:06pm

LOL!

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 1:33am

Ah yes to be "old" AND pg, not to mention judged by the peanut gallery in

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 6:02pm

Puhleeeeeeze! You look great! I am as big (if not bigger) as you with one & I am flaunting it! I've only gained 8 lbs thus far but I seem to be enormous, so I figure I might as well embrace it, nothing I can do to change it or hide it! Nothing about my body is 22 anymore & life experience is a beautiful thing!

Be proud, Mama, be proud! So glad your little guys are doing so well & congrats on the good health report for you! Enjoy this time to the fullest & lucky you, you get to opt out of anything that seems too stressful : )

Make a pregnancy ticker

Edited 11/21/2009 6:06 pm ET by mamarose_2010
Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 6:22pm

You look fantastic!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 8:29pm

Firstly and most importantly, congrats on getting such a great report -- on both you and your boys! Great work, mama! Secondly, before viewing the pics you posted, I must say, I was expecting to see a huge, great big belly bump. Something that more closely resembled a woman at 40 weeks based on how Barbie described you. But I must say, you look pretty darn good! Your belly bump looks perfect to me. I probably would've turned and looked Ms. Barbie right in the eyes and told her I was carrying twins and would've completely dismissed the age remark as it's not something that affects her or is in any way her business or concern. Insensitive, shallow, rude, superficial people like her just send me to the moon. Ugh. I'm glad you and the boys are doing well. And I'm glad to hear that although you're off bed rest, you're still restricted from vaccuming and lifting laundry baskets. Boy, I like your doc, wink, wink. ;)

I'm not familiar with the acronym or term "TTTS". Is this something serious and are they able to screen or test for it prior to delivery?

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 10:55am

Thank you for the kind words,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 11:04am

Thank you

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 11:14am

Oh my I have been lmao reading your post which I am grateful for as I needed a laugh, i see you too have been blessed with the may well wishers who have the need to voice their concerns over the decision on having children late in life.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 4:22pm

My twins are girls---very fraternal (in other words, they do not look anything alike!)

In fact, I have joked that if they went to daycare and someone were to see them playing together, they would never guess they were sisters, let alone twins!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-22-2009 - 9:01pm

Thanks for explaining TTTS. After your description of it, I admit that I have heard of the syndrome, I just never knew the medical name for it. Thanks for explaining it. I'm thrilled to hear that so far, both boys are gaining weight well and neither of them is showing any signs of it. Best wishes that things continue to go as well for you as they have been. You're well over the halfway mark now, especially if you'll be delivering them in January. Please keep us posted on your journey! Stay well.

P.S. - I'm only occasionally nauseous now and my energy level is better now than it was for the past two months or so. Now I just feel fat and bloated, not just because my belly's getting big, but because I'm always hungry and am having a hard time staying away from food, LOL. Thanks for asking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages