My first appointment

iVillage Member
My first appointment
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 3:48am

Yesterday was my first appointment. For this baby I have decided to change hospitals and dr's to a better one hospital (mary Birch) and a high risk dr. in San Diego.

It is an hour from my house...so an all day affair basically.

Did the ultrasound first and I saw baby with heartbeat. Nice and strong. My calculations put me at 8 weeks 1 day, they put me at 8 weeks 3 days.

Then on to the new Dr. Very thorough. Asked and checked everything. Really liked him. Oh...and my blood pressure, a bit high. He wanted it retested when i lie down for 5 minutes. Better 135 over 75.

So, all good. Do need to watch my pressure though. Eat no salt and all veges and plain chicken.

So, I am happy. This is real.

Oh and bonus...my favorite mall is like 5 minutes from the hospital and dr.

Asking the MC rate at my age and with the nice heartbeat and good ultrasound, 5%.

Ill have the CVS after around the 11th of January.

One sign, I suppose. I know I have many more to go through.

Mar

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 4:24am
What a great first visit! I know the commute stinks, but YAAA for a thorough doctor, excellent hospital, and of course, your favorite mall! ;) Will you be finding out the gender of your baby when you have the CVS done? Thanks for posting about your first visit. Please keep the updates coming!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 10:15am

Congrats on a great first visit!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 10:21am

Hi !
I live in LA and switched docs too this time around. My commute to her is an hour both ways (in good traffic) and it kills me that it sucks up so much time to get to her each appt (plus paying $10 + for parking lol). Glad to hear I am not the only one doing this! Are you worried about making it to the hospital on time? That's my only fear!

Glad to hear that your appts went well

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 5:17pm
Hurrah for a heartbeat and a great visit. Sounds like thing are going well for you.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-19-2009 - 6:11pm

Hi. I have never had preterm...my kids want to stay in as long as they can. My first was a week over due and a c-sec and the second and third were c-sec

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 12:47pm
Enjoy your week away! I have friends who frequent Big Bear and I keep wishing I could go with them one of these years...

Photobucket

Photobucket