32 wk checkup ended with a c-sec date

iVillage Member
32 wk checkup ended with a c-sec date
Sat, 12-19-2009 - 12:37pm

I had my 32 week US growth scan and both boys have gained a pound so they both over 3 pounds. Their fluids are great, Hb are both around 160. The only bad thing about the appointment is that both boys have managed to turn so now Ryder is breech and hunter is Transverse. The chances of the two turning again is rare and my Doctor now has veto delivering naturally and went ahead and booked the date for my now C-section. I am sooo upset that I spent yesterday crying like a baby. I am better today but only if I don't think about it too much.I know the fear is irrational but I just can't stop the panic and I am sure I will get worst as the date approaches. Which is Jan 27 2010 I have to be at the hospital at 6 am for the 8 am start....deep breathes!!!!!.

x-cross posted

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-20-2009 - 2:38pm

I am glad to hear the boys are doing well and growing right on.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-20-2009 - 5:52pm

Oh I know you are feeling overwhelmed, BUT look at it this way, you know when they are coming and they will be safe.

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 8:47am
Oh, Carly. Big hugs to you. I know you didn't want a section but if you tried to deliver the boys as they are now, it would probably not be a good delivery. Like the others said, on the positive side, now you know exactly when to expect them. And what great news that they're both gaining well and look healthy! That's the most important thing so try to focus on that instead of the delivery. BTW, Eva's birthday (our almost-two year old) is January 21. Her birthday and your boys' birthday are almost exactly two years apart. : ) Try to relax and prepare for the big day as best you can. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 1:35pm

Hello Carol

I am not sure if they will turn again according to my doctor he feels that it is unlikely and would rather error on the side of caution and just do the c-section.

While I never had a c-section I have had abdominal surgery for Ovarian cancer which they removed one tube and ovary and tissue. But thankfully I was asleep for that and afterwards I was feed alot of pain medication. And when I was sent home I didn't have two newborns to take care of. But I am feeling less panicky about the whole thing after hearing and reading about positive experiences,

Thank you for your words of support and after all having two healthy babies is the most important thing,

Take Care
Carly

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 1:48pm

Hello Jodi

Thank you as always for your words of wisdom and Kindness, I know that my concerns over such a minor thing is extremely silly when I have been blessed in so many ways. I have been lurking on the C-section support board where there are so many positive stories that it has eased my anxiety a bit. But I am a natural worrier so I am afraid that cannot be changed.

P.S. Please know that My thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family during the holiday season. I love the Mystical Elf that resides with your family at christmas its a wonderful tradition.

Best Wishes
Carly

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 2:22pm

Hello Joan

Thank you for your kind words and support . I know logically that this is the best for the boys and that my fears, concerns are all unfounded. I am aware that I am blessed in so many ways and that this is a minor glitch in a otherwise worry free pregnancy especially when there are others that have not been as lucky.

I have been lurking on the c-section support board and have found several positive birth experiences as well as a lot of help information that has eased my fears somewhat. I a looking ahead to holding them and not so much on how they are arriving.

How fun is that the boys birthday is 2 years apart from Eva's!!!

Thank you friend for all the well wishes and prayers they are deeply appreciated.
Take Care
Carly

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-22-2009 - 11:14pm

Oh thank you and any surgery is scary.

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-24-2009 - 10:15pm

I just want to tell you that I am a twin mom, and it is way to early to determine that a c/s in necessary.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-26-2009 - 12:43pm

Hi Carly.

Wishing you all the best for 2010...and with new babies!!!

I read your post and can understand your disappointment. I am glad that you found some positive support/stories over on the c-section board.

I am a 2X c-section mom.

My firstborn was breech and while my very experienced OB could have helped me deliver vaginally the consensus was...why in the world would I want to work that hard getting an IN VITRO baby OUT when it took $20,000 and lots of heartache to get her IN! LOL

I think there are many reasons (including the expertise of physicians) to consider having a c-section. And, my OB did do one last u/s before delivery, just in case she turned (she didn't), so we didn't "rush" into doing a c-section.

With #2, I attempted a VBAC, but it didn't work. I labored all day and only dilated to a 2! They couldn't up my pitocin due to previous c-section and fear of uterine rupture.

Was I disappointed, yes? But 5 and 3 years later, I look at my adorable kiddos and think there could be worse things in life than my bikini c-section scar...not that I've put on a bikini anytime recently! LOL

I agree with most of your commenters that having safe and healthy delivery of twins if what's most important. I'm sure there are factors that your doctor has taken into consideration in making his determination such as amount of amniotic fluid/level, previous delivery history, pelvic size, etc. that have come into play in his decision.

Wishing you a safe and "comfortable" January (if that's possible) until the big day!!!

Blessings,
Valerie

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 4:10pm

Hello Valerie

Sorry that my response is late but with the holidays I needed to take a breather.

Photobucket

Pages