trying again

iVillage Member
trying again
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 8:09am

Hi Everyone- I have not been on in a while. I could not bring myself until now to write. My boyfriend and I were ecstatic to find out that we were expecting over this past summer. He does not have any children and has never been married. I on the other hand have been married twice and have two children. One 13 and one 21. We had planned a trip to upstate New York on Labor

iVillage Member
In reply to: shagwong
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 12:01pm
Hello and welcome! Wow, your Labor Day weekend certainly was quite bittersweet. I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage, but like you, am so happy for your son. My husband and I TTC for about five months before deciding we weren't going to try anymore (we have two young girls, ages five and almost two). As it turns out, within two or three months of stopping trying, I wound up pregnant! I guess my point is maybe continue trying, but try casually and have fun doing it. : ) I know of so many stories (both in my real life and from women on this board) where we women end up pregnant after we stop trying. I know that it's so much easier for me to say this than it is for you to do it, but above all else, make sure you try to keep the "trying" part fun and enjoyable so that it doesn't start to feel like a chore for you or your boyfriend. Best wishes to you; I hope to read of a BFP from you soon!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: shagwong
Mon, 01-18-2010 - 8:31am

Hi- Thanks for the reply. I know that a lot of other women have been in my shoes including yourself. It makes it somewhat easier to hear of similar stories.

We will definately keep from making it a chore but as I am sure you well know we are both anxious. I remember a time when I would b worried to not get my period. Now I dont want it to come. Hopefully it won't next month :)