18 Wk Appt. Tomorrow

iVillage Member
18 Wk Appt. Tomorrow
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 10:53pm

Well, I have my 18 week ultrasound and regular OB check tomorrow. I was feeling pretty good about it all until last night. My bp was up and it was up again tonight. I dont know what is going on but now I'm very nervous.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 1:04am

Im with ya! Its so stressful just the thought that it could be high. I know. It is the worst part of my appointments.

I drink LOTS of water. For some reason I feel like that makes it better.

Positive vibes to you that it will be fine and baby will be great.

Please let us know!

marissa

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 5:18am
Hi Mia. I hope your appointment goes well. I know no one wants to deal with high BP during pregnancy, but it's better to start treating it earlier rather than later. I know it's a very scary thing, especially considering what you went through with your son. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Please update us after your appointment. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 10:23pm

My appts went fine. My bp was a bit high when I got to the perinatologist. I explained to him what had been going on the last couple of days. He didnt seem super concerned. Said that it was odd that it was high in the middle of the night. He said they I was on a low dose and we had plenty of room to play with

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 12:22am
Thanks for updating us. I'm glad to hear the perinatologist wasn't overly concerned about you BP and was confident you had plenty of room to work with using your meds to help control it. Glad to hear the baby's looking good, too!

Photobucket

Photobucket