Weird day

iVillage Member
Weird day
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 11:48pm

So, I drive an hour to my cvs appointment and get ready, do long ultrasound (baby measuring perfectly and hb right on) ...procedure starts and then doc says my cervex is too narrow , he is hitting a block. Tries again. LOTS of pain!! We agree to stop.

I suggest the nuchal.

We do the nuchal. Beautiful measurement...and got to see baby again.

Then figuring all should not be lost...get the h1n1 shot.

And tech siad she thought it was a girl...but of course at 12.3 weeks could not be sure.

Then went to do blood.

So...i guess agood day.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jacknoahmom
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 5:15am
I'm sorry the CVS couldn't be completed but great job on getting the H1N1 and YAY for good results from the NT screening! Will you be trying to have the CVS done again, try getting an amnio or are you content with the results of the NT screening? Hope you're feeling well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 2:30pm

Hi

This happened to

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 7:06pm

Hi. There was some reason as to why they could not go through the tummy...i think it had something to do with the placenta location.

But honestly...the dr. and the 2 nurses and I were so stressed out after a few attemps and me screaming and semi crying, im not sure at that point it was in the cards.

yes, I will wait for the amnio...but I am having second thoughts that perhaps if all the other tests come back good we will not do it. I am unsure right now. when we get the nuchal info we will decide.

Yes...a girl. I am TRYING not to get excited yet. Wed love to even up the house a bit!