26 Week Appointment

iVillage Member
26 Week Appointment
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 2:23pm

I had my 26 week appointment yesterday--can't believe I am close to the third trimester!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 9:11pm
Hi Kristin. It's great to read our update. YAAA for boring, uneventful pregnancies, right??? : ) I can TOTALLY relate to what you mean about HATING the weight gain. Although I must tell you, if I gained only what you gained, I'd be pretty darn happy. I'm 5'5" and weighed 123 before getting pregnant with our first daughter six years ago. I could never lose the last 13 lbs after having her, then when I got pregnant with our second child, I gained almost 70 lbs with her. Yes, that's right, 70 lbs!!! By the time she was a year old, I was down to 128. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have gained about 35 lbs already so if I keep gaining at the weight I have been, I'm well on track to gain a total of about 70 lbs again. I absolutely, positively HATE the way I feel. I feel it mostly in my thighs and butt (where it's also most noticeable) but I can also notice it in my arms and now even my calfs. YUK! This will be our last child so I keep telling myself that once this child is born it will be the last time I'm ever fat again! I can NOT wait to lose the weight. And to make matters worse, my husband just recently started training for a marathon so he's the trimmest and fittest he's ever been. Oh well... Let us know how the test goes Friday (I'm a Type 1 diabetic so I've been on insulin for almost 23 years now). Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 9:11pm

Congratulations that everything is going so well!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 10:31pm

Hi Joan

You are so good about responding to everyone! Thanks for your reply. The fact you have lost the weight once should give you confidence to know you can do it again. Everyone tells me how "good" I look but of course it is all relative, I feel so yuck. Tonight I have 6 ten year old girls here for my DD's birthday sleepover and I feel exhausted, ancient and on the verge of waddling!

My brother has Type 1 diabetes and my older sister had gestational diabetes with both of her children so I do worry about it. It must be a struggle for you to manage in pregnancy.

Where are you in Ontario? I remember you mentioning you went to Toronto for your amnio. We live in Kingston.

cheers,

Kristin